What do you have to deal with to keep your stuff safe?

Race
10+ year member

I don't mean the actual crime statistics. I'm just wondering what kind of place you guys live in and what the chances are that you'll get your stuff stolen.

I live in a very small city that is only a few square miles. Although it's small, there are tons of ganster wanna-be kids sporting the latest Fubu gear. (No offense to the average person that wears FUBU.) To them, a cool car is anything with four wheels and less then half a body of rust. They all drive their grandparent's Cadillacs, and even have a pretend gang. Unfortunately, do to lack of parking spots at my place of residence, I have to park across the street. This is not good because it's dark, quiet, and the road is seldom traveled by the average person. I can't install any lights near the parking space because I do not own the property over there (which, to make things worse, is an unoccupied house). These kids steal anything they can get their hands on, ranging from the bicycles of toddlers to phone books from local telephone booths. Pathetic, I know.

I'm thinking about trying to hook up a high resolution web cam to a webcam server (which I would place in my house and record pictures about every one second) and placing the camera on my telephone pole. I'm also going to mount a light on my pole and have a sign that says "this area monitored by video surveillance". This might help in addition to my existing car alarm. I know this might be going to extremes, but once I get my stuff installed I do not want it stolen.

What do you guys have to put up with to keep your stuff safe?

Small town ... people will still jack your stuff, however.

I've got an alarm and my fist ... and biggest of all, common sense. All of my aftermarket goodies are hidden as well as possible, and everything is secured to the vehicle with bolts.

Actually, to tell you the truth, I myself was thinking of setting up my video camera to aim at my vehicle during the night once my uberwoofer is installed.

- Steve

Well...right now I have very little in my car that would be worth taking...

But when I have equipment in my car, I usually back my truck up against my fathers truck, so if someone wanted to get into my trunk, they'd have to move my car...then proceed to get out the 200+ pounds of woofers/box in my trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My town is pretty middle class...I live in a rather decent part of town as well, on a small block with old people //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

On another note, just found out that there is a motel about 1000 ft. from my house that has 17 registered sex offenders.....

yesss!!!! and give him a wrench to smack people with
No. A box of pixie sticks and a bag of jelley beans. The liquirice ones.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif

And if you run from him, he'll beat you down with peppermints and smother you with cotton candy. Then he'll hide your rotten corpse in your moms closet.

Yes, I'm incredibly tired right now!

Wendys Bacon Mushrum melt.

You know you want it Mike //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

I live in the suburbs... my car sits in the driveway because my parents take the parking spots in the garage. But I have an alarm, it sits under a motion light, and I have a 95pound boxer that is pure muscle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

To me it is a simple task of vehicle security. Two alarms. Yes two complete alarm systems. Plus the two sirens. Mount the sensors securely and properly and crank up the sensitivity. Mounting anything to a phone pole is against the law. You will have to put up your own pole in order to mount cameras. Oh, and dont forget that whatever alarm(s) you put on your ride are useless if one approaches and takes your ride while you are at a stoplight.

i live on a college campus, so...no bumping in the parking lot.

also driving an unsuspecting (note, not unnoticable, just unsuspecting) vehicle helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.