What do you have to deal with to keep your stuff safe?

there is almost no way to get 100 % security. if u arent going to insure ur stuff, dont spend what u are willing to. somethings to help deterr is first the alarm. something better than a factory one too. they arent that expensive to buy compared to the price of ur system. get an alarm to start, one with the notifie key fob with window and ttrunk sendors. u can get them t o notify u at anything now, battery backup is also available.if u dont mind adding weight to ur car make ur sht weigh as much as possible.when i first got my system i had a dual banbass box with two ports on eah side. i ran a chaind through them and looped it through 145lbs wrth of bench plates. make sure the chain is heavy enough thugh not to rattle. i realise that was kind of slop, but it would havebeen a bith haulling 230 lbs of stuff anywhere. next thing is screws. use the maximim pithch possible and the longest. Dont use the same screw type either. there are at least 12 different headed screws u can get at home depot. use them all. u can even get metric reverse screws at a home depot. its also a good idea to soder to head fill in..but dont go crazy just fill the holes. i dont know what kind of car u drive but i have a 2003 cavalier (yay) the seats dont open from the in side to start so that was a plus. u can usually disconect that which i recomend. it is easier to getthrough rhe cabin than a locked trunk. most likly or not thieves are looking for a quick score. i f they are going to take something of mine i have them take my subs. they are usually cheaper than amps to replace. i put my amps-2, sirius tuner and keg on a 1.25 hd board which rn across the nack of my seats.in a box with two laptop cooler fan pads.

really though the best thing to keep ur system safe is keep it silent. never beat anywhere near ur work, school. home or place ur going to stay. the less people who know the better.

really though the best thing to keep ur system safe is keep it silent. never beat anywhere near ur work, school. home or place ur going to stay. the less people who know the better.
OR you can sound deaden your **** sooo much that when your driving down the street people dont hear a **** thing from you even though your pulling a hair trick in your ride haha. that would be pretty funny.

I agree with mastershake.

Keep your music Very LOW when within a couple miles of where you are going to park for a while. (Home, School, Work, Mall). If you live in bad areas and someone wheres you car bumping they will follow you sometimes! Its happened to my friend. Thats why i say dont bump loud within a few miles of where your going to leave your car.

If you notice someone following you dont drive home or where take them in circles a bunch of times tell they get feed up and leave. ( Hehe fun to do.)

OH also.. If you have anything visible Tint your windows. The darker the better. That way its alot harder for them to see if you have anything worth stealing.

I had deadbolt locks installed on my 98 2 door tahoe. They worked like a charm. I came out of the movies one time and all my door handles were all bent the **** up but they couldn't get in my car. They saved my 3k worth of equipment prob at least 4 times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

put some airhorns in it that will wake everyone up and scare the **** out of the person trying to mess with it. also put the siren in the dash of the car so if they try and get to the steering colum they will have a siren in there face.

or you could

have the regular siren then have a pressure plate under the drivers feet area and have a set of airhorns there so when they try to steal it they will have airhorns going off in the cab of the car.

Well...right now I have very little in my car that would be worth taking...
But when I have equipment in my car, I usually back my truck up against my fathers truck, so if someone wanted to get into my trunk, they'd have to move my car...then proceed to get out the 200+ pounds of woofers/box in my trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My town is pretty middle class...I live in a rather decent part of town as well, on a small block with old people //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

On another note, just found out that there is a motel about 1000 ft. from my house that has 17 registered sex offenders.....
cool ---make sure you post it if you catch the sex offenders molestin your subs in any way.

2 words: car bomb...

just kidding, I have a nice alarm system, and I have my subs bolted down, my insurance company would cover those if they got stolen somehow, which would be somewhat difficult because I've had the trunk release relocated and hidden //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

my current project is a mobile GPS tracker...in the (highly, extremely, very) unlikely event that they get away with the entire vehicle, I'll be able to see exactly where they are, within 30 seconds or so and within 10 feet of accuracy. Plus their heading, speed, altitude, whatever. From any computer connected to the 'net.

I'm building it for a different purpose, obviously, but that's one use for it.

Not to hijack...but I am getting insurance on my stuff. Anybody have expeirence with thier insurance company when a theft has occured. How were they? I have progressive, and wondering if its worth the extra 6 bucks a month to insure my stuff for around 2k. thanks

There are always shaved doorhandles; and better yet, I read about a mod whereas if you have a remote to unlock your doors, you disconnect the physical mechanism connected to the keylock; and then the only way to unlock your doors is electronically. Like shaved, but without the expense.

One of the good things about living in Vermont. I feel extremely safe just with my car locked with no alarm on it. I know a lot of people with lots of money invested in their car, and have never heard anybody get anything stolen except for one of my friends. However, he advertised his entire system, lives on a main road... and didn't lock his blazer. It couldn't have taken more than a minute to open the back door, pull out the wire, and run off with 2 12's and an amp =x. It's okay though, they were Q-logic subs.. ha!

A good alarm, hide the horn and wires well, use a backup battery with it. Also add one of those pager systems.

Very dark tint. (Ive got 5% all around)

Bolt down your amp rack, bolt your amps to the rack, use hex type screws or other head patterns on everything.

Always remove your headunit.

Let it be known that youve got a gun and you aint afraid to use it on whoever ganks your ****. lol Personally where i live ive got alot to be worried about but those who would attempt trying to steal my stereo know they will reap the aftermath from me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.