When to apply swirl remover...

Participant count
  • Participant list

BDIDDY
10+ year member

Sittin' Slick
Tennessee
I have some free time tommorow and was gonna buff out my car. I have everything needed to do it and was wondering when do I need to apply my swirl remover. I am kind of guessing I could apply it in any one of the steps as I will try to do the Mequiars three step process...

I am using the meguiars Paint Cleaner and Polish..

Then I have Blue Coral Swirl Remover, only stuff that has worked for me, and the Blue Coral Autofom Paint Sealant...

I was recommended the paint sealer because the dealer told me wax basically evaporates off of the surface, as the paint sealer has a higher tolerance to heat...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Here's my car BTW: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=602382

I've been professionaly detailing outside of my regular work for nearly 3 years now. This is a step by step process that has worked well for me over that time.

Wash / Dry

Clay

Wash / Dry

Swirl Remover - Rotary (Foam Slight Cutting Pad)

Paint Cleaner - Rotary (Synthetic Wool Soft Buffing Pad)

Polish - Rotary (Foam Polishing Pad)

Hand Glaze - by hand 2 x - Hand

Sealant - 1 x (Rotary with Foam Ultra-Fine Finishing Pad) 2-3 x by hand

Wax - (Optional - just adds that extra "Pop" ) - 2-3 x by hand

Only Microfiber cloths ever touch any of my details.

Best to use a PC or a Rotary (Machine application & buffing) or your results will be less than optimal.

Whole process should take an average of 4-6 hours depending on the paints condition; then you're good for a couple of months - unless you are obsessive like I, then it's good for a month max, or until swirls and other paint imperfections show up again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My personal cars are completely detailed about 6 times a year, and each month have an additional layer of sealant added for the ultimate finish. Quick Detailers, and regular washing take care of the rest.

Have fun!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BDIDDY

10+ year member
Sittin' Slick
BDIDDY
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date