What do you drive and how many MPG do you get?

holy ****! lol ...we bought the same car for $200 with a European engine though. Was in the family of the people who own Coca-Cola and they had it shipped from Germany. Has all the maintenance logs from Germany. Only thing wrong with it is a couple broke hoses. Had 200,000 miles on the body and a new engine put in it. AND GOT 25 MILES/GALLON
Nice! Mine was black with tan interior and the SPG whale tail spoiler and rear brake vent package (very rare and quite off for a non-turbo). Completely pristine inside and out when I bought it.

I'll never say the pre-GM Saab's aren't tanks....when mine was rear ended and in the shop, I was given an '87 900 turbo with mostly highway 727,000 miles on it as a loaner. It never had any major engine or drive train work in it's existence (owner of the shop I took it too was a Saab master technician and was certified in repair, parts, and sales), and had the service record to back it up. Bought it from a traveling salesman from the east coast that drove himself everywhere. He wanted to get it over 1 million miles, which would have been a first for a US driven Saab.

2003 Nissan Xterra 3.3 NA - 14 MPG average //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif but I have so much stereo **** in the back it sags so I'm sure that doesn't help. I'm getting an Acura MDX this weekend though so hopefully that does a little better.....

1: Paid: $15,000

2: 2004 Chevy Blazer ZR2 4x4

3: ~15 City/ Never taken it out on the highway to get Mileage

Pros: Plenty of room, Very quiet and smooth ride, fun to take on the beach

Cons: I'm still making payments on it, other than that I love it. The gas doesn't bother me too bad, I burn about a tank a week. At $3.50 here it costs $50-$55 to fill up.

02 RSX

31mpg, all highway to work and back i never need to go into town much.

Premium FTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

2006 VW GTI 2.0T

28 - 32 MPG driving conservatively

24 - 26 MPG driving less conservatively

I've been driving at the more conservative end most of the time recently.

2003 mazda protege 5...mid 20mpg

1989 mazda rx7....about 10mpg

not too worried about my mpg rate, there are other things in life more important too me

1991 Cadillac Brougham with the 5.7 (350) LO5 V-8

Has hit for as high as 27.2 MPG on the highway with A/C compressor off. Driven under worst possible conditions, which means A/C compressor on and engine cold, 11 MPG in town.

Comparable cars: Chevrolet Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, Olds Custom Cruiser (station wagon).

Engines found in these body styles: 5.0 Olds, 5.0 Chev, 5.7 Chev LO5, 5.7 Chev LT1

The LT1 has the highest rated HP and will do 140 in a 1994-96 Fleetwood but you need to take off the fender skirts if you go 120 MPH or higher...LOL!

The 5.0 Olds is the least satisfactory engine of the bunch but there was a ton of them made in the 80's, so finding parts is not a problem. The 5.0 Chev had a short production run in the Broughams (91-92) and it's almost as good as the 5.7 LO5. The 5.7 LO5 is a decent engine for durability and was used through 1993 in GM full-sized cars, with that engine being supplanted by the 5.7 LT1 in 1994.

The LT1 is the engine that powers the Impala SS's from the 1990's.

For a car that weighs in a bit over 2 tons, they get fine MPG on the highway and they burn regular unleaded as well. When GM downsized their big cars starting with the 1977 models, the big engines were the 425 (Cadillac) and 403 (Olds, Buick, Pontiac) and they were hooked into a 3-speed automatic (TH400/TH350). By the time we get to the last of the breed in the 1990's, the combination of mid-sized V-8's, automatic overdrive transmissions, fuel injection and computer drivetrain management made for a car that got in the high 20's for MPG. The reliability of these cars is high. One thing Detroit knows how to make well is large cars, trucks and vans.

Rick

85 bronco full size with a 380 hp 5.8l

in the city about 8mpg with or without ac on

the hwy--well mabie 10 here is why,

untitled.jpg

no over-drive so 70 is it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.