turn signal problem, 95 accord

lookitsjim23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
this only happens in real cold weather but has been bothering me. if my car has been sitting out over night, or its real cold outside my turn signals won't turn on..i was thinking about replacing the bulbs but after the car heats up, or if the sun was hitting it all morning they work again.. i really have no idea what it could be and any help would be appreciated

this only happens in real cold weather but has been bothering me. if my car has been sitting out over night, or its real cold outside my turn signals won't turn on..i was thinking about replacing the bulbs but after the car heats up, or if the sun was hitting it all morning they work again.. i really have no idea what it could be and any help would be appreciated
Havent seen this before but not saying it cant be true cold effects alot of things... Id say when this is happening take one of the bulbs out chech voltage with a test light or DMM see if you are actually getting voltage to the bulbs. And this is all blinkers both sides front and back. Does the blinker blink very fast on the dash or does no light come the dash either.

when i turn on the blinker, either right or left, ill hear the sound coming from the dash, but the green arrow wont show up for 2-3 seconds..the sound is real fast at first then slows down to the normal blink after the light shows up

i really dont understand it either, all summer they were fine...coldish days their ok, but freezing weather..car has to warm up for a while before they start working..i know i piss off alot of people when im turning

this may or may not work..my wifes impala had a blinker problem last year,all fuses were good,bulbs were good,so i figured it was the headlight switch beings how they are tied in together on that particular car.out of curiousity,i tapped the 4 way switch several times and they started working ever since,go figure.i dont believe the cold has anything to do with it imo.try tapping ur 4 ways a couple of times to see if it will fix.

when i turn on the blinker, either right or left, ill hear the sound coming from the dash, but the green arrow wont show up for 2-3 seconds..the sound is real fast at first then slows down to the normal blink after the light shows up
i really dont understand it either, all summer they were fine...coldish days their ok, but freezing weather..car has to warm up for a while before they start working..i know i piss off alot of people when im turning
When it happens again. Check the voltage at the bulbs then all the way around. If you dont have any voltage at the point you are turning the blinkers on. May be somthin else. Also its a 95 accord anything else like series Xl bl whatever 4 door. What motor too. Im going to do a bit more research.

this may or may not work..my wifes impala had a blinker problem last year,all fuses were good,bulbs were good,so i figured it was the headlight switch beings how they are tied in together on that particular car.out of curiousity,i tapped the 4 way switch several times and they started working ever since,go figure.i dont believe the cold has anything to do with it imo.try tapping ur 4 ways a couple of times to see if it will fix.
this.^^^

I would put money on your hazard light switch being the culprit. I had the same thing happen in my Olds Alero. If I wanted the blinkers to work I would have to just barely puch the hazard light button then it would work again. If the contactsget worn out in that switch, the whole system quits working. Same thing happens if you completely unplug the switch.

x2 check for power and ground at the bulb and then work your way back wards. it could be a multifunction switch or it could be a flasher module. just find out what you have power up to and the work your way backwards from their.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.