what are some decent budget speakers?

It looks like that amp has active capable crossover. Have you considered going active? Why pay for a passive crossover if your amp can do it. That opens the door to the wide world of raw drivers.

American bass sq 6.5s... My buddy had 8 of them on a American bass sq3200.4 and they sounded amazing.... He liked them so much he's going 16 of them on two sq3200.4 now.. They sound clean

thanks for the updates guys i been wanting to know what people mean by raw drives? so i dont need a x oveR?

thanks for the updates guys i been wanting to know what people mean by raw drives? so i dont need a x oveR?
Raw drivers are just the individual speakers without a crossover. You can get them from places like madisound. Your amp is just as capable of crossing over a set of mids and tweets as a passive crossover that comes with a component set.

Those P660C's are the best I've come across for the price. But they can be found cheaper than the link above. I bought two sets last year for my old car and paid $120 per set. But they come with a ton of tweeter mounting options, the connectors on both the speakers and tweeters are really convenient and nice. And the set is 2 ohm so they will pull more power from the amp. Mine got pretty stupid loud and stayed clear. All around a great set for the price.

x3 on the P660Cs. I've thoroughly enjoyed them. They sound pretty good for a daily ride especially if you don't want to spend a ton. Raw drivers are great and all, but generally picking out the drivers is a bit more involved than picking any random tweeter and mid.

x3 on the P660Cs. I've thoroughly enjoyed them. They sound pretty good for a daily ride especially if you don't want to spend a ton. Raw drivers are great and all, but generally picking out the drivers is a bit more involved than picking any random tweeter and mid.
This is true.

so i honestly thought jbl was bad but you guys are saying those are clean? would i hear a way better sound coming from a alpine type s?

so i honestly thought jbl was bad but you guys are saying those are clean? would i hear a way better sound coming from a alpine type s?
alpine type S is garbage in comparison. Personally owned the type S and heard the jbl 660c. No comparison whatsoever.

JBL was not that great back then but harmon kardon took over them and they are pretty up there in the car audio world in terms of quality.

Honestly if chef gives it the a okay then I'll be picking those jbl up lol I'm just scared of blowing them. Since the Alpine are from bestbuy I can just drive there and replace where the jbl I have no idea what I do lol but I'll be purchasing the jbl the price on amazon is only 129 which is really good since that's what I paid for the alpines..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.