Help decide on door speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
I need help making up my mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. Recently I started working on putting some music in my car.. And well it wasn't going well, but I finally decided on a sub(Type R). The amp is a JL 250/1 that I got for cheap.. long story, but I am eventually going to go bigger, but for now it sounds great and I want to work on the mids/highs.

At 1st I was just going to slam in some Infinity Reference coaxials, but then all the reviews say it doesn't make good mids.. And most people seem to think components are the way to go. Which is why I am now so lost in speaker land that I can't decide what I want lol. I have always been a bang for the buck kinda guy, but I am willing to pay more if I am getting that much more value.. a 2% increase in sq for 100$ is not worth it for me. Here's the list of speakers I've considered thus far...

Infinity Reference 2-way coaxial (50$)

Infinity Reference 2-way component (100$)

Jbl GX 6000 components (120$ local at BB)

Kicker CS65 coaxial (69$ local or online)

Polk DB 651 coaxial (65$)

Maybe one of the alpine setups

Maybe a rockford setup

Maybe you guys have some better value setup in mind? Are components significantly better to justify the near doubling in price?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.