What amp should I buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mf27hockey

Hi, I have 2 12 inch MTX TR75's and I had an audiofonics 2200 watt amp hooked up to them and it gave out today. I took it to my local car audio place and they said it needed to be replaced, but since I have no respect whatsoever for the staff there I have decided to buy the amp online. I can't decide on an amp to buy and I want to find out what the best amp for my subs would be. I am thinking about maybe buying a Hifonics amp but I don't know which one to get. Anyone know a perfect amp for me? The wattage on my subs are 500 RMS and 1000 Peak each.

dual voice coil.and what do you mean dirty power? and what would you suggest instead?
and they're 4 ohms
They are DVC4 then. You will need 1000 watts RMS at 4 ohms or 1 ohm. 1 ohm will be cheaper. You have literally hundreds of amps to choose from.

Id run this:

Cadence TXA-1000D High Power Mono Block Amplifier *NEW* - eBay (item 290381607296 end time Sep-10-10 14:34:19 PDT)

Puts out rated power, very clean sounding amp, doesnt have dirty clipped power that will blow your subs.

Dual 4 ohm voice coil, means the amp sees either 2 ohms or 8 ohms. If you have it wired at 2 ohms and you have 2 subs, then 2ohms X 2 subs = 1 ohm.
Audiopipe 1300. It does 1000W at 1 ohm for $113: AUDIOPIPE APSM-1300 2000W MONO Car Audio MINI Amplifier - eBay (item 230502811583 end time Sep-21-10 15:23:10 PDT)
No. It will sound like ass.

and my question still stands, would that power acoustik amp i linked earlier blow my subs? cuz if not i think im going to buy that one
No its garbage. The TXA1000D is a very under rated amp that does clean power.

The cadence suggested is better than Hifonics Brutus....However, it should be noted that those BRZ models may be better than past Brutus models, nobody has really posted any results from them yet..either way, the cadence is a safe bet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.