what amp brands put out true rms and great sq?

What are the big three?
The "Big Three" upgrade means replace (or add to) the power wire between the

1) alternator positive to battery positive,

2) battery negative to chassis, and

3) engine ground to chassis.

usually the cheapest electrical to make.

Thanks. I'll get that done too.

Anyone want to take a stab at what dB I might get with the MMATS D1600.1 and a Sundown Audio SA-8 in a 2011 Jeep cherokee?

It'll be tested as soon as I get the amp.

BA

i'm looking at amps and i was wondering what brands put out what they say they do. i've heard a lot of people say that some amps put out half what the say they do, that's terrible. i'd want the amp to provide great sound quality. i'd rather not pay an arm and a leg but i know you get what you pay for. any advice on what to look for when buying used on craigslist?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
i have a Diamond Audio 1000.1 and i'd like to say it performs at rated RMS while producing clean power

If you're talking about an amp for your components I have experience with both the Soundstream Ref 2.640 and the Elemental Designs Nine.2x

The Soundstream sounds a little better, BUT I'm also using the Soundstream on a set of ID CXS62 where as the Nine.2x was running the ID CTX's, and the CXS62 have the doors deadened and the CTX's did not. The crossover on the Soundstream is much better than the ED though IMO.

If you live in a cool region where the summer temps barely reach 95, I would get the Soundstream, but if you live somewhere where it gets hotter, definitely get the Nine.2x as it runs MUCH cooler than the Soundstream and you won';t have a problem with it going into protection.

A bit off topic - but I think our Lanzar/Zed history is a little off.

Through '96-97 Lanzar was a stand-alone all in-house brand. They designed and built their own speakers, amps, processors etc at their facility in CA. I used to know the town. Simi Valley maybe?

It seems they saw the sell-out to Asia on the horizon and, fittingly, sold out to Sound Around.

I'm pretty sure the old a/b beasts (50c, 2500 etc.) all came before Lanzar (as part of Sound Around) contracted with Zed Audio.

If they were Zed's amps, he certainly changed his philosophy on internal layout because those old amps were a mess on the inside.

In the late 90's the silver Optidrive's came out (500.2, 200.2, 100.4 and 1000.1D) and they were Zed's modern, super clean boards.

It always seemed to me Sound Around really did make an effort to carry on the reputation of high quality amps in the optidrive line (apparent by using Zed to build them for a couple years).

But the massive amounts of chinese (non-opti) Lanzar stuff dragged them down.

So now most people lump them in with the junk brands, but the occasional "enthusiast" (like me) still throws out the token -- "But don't forget about Optidrive -- still good amps".

Anyway -- The last Zed designed/built Optidrives were completed in '99, maybe '00.

Lanzar had stock through about '02, then the Korean models replaced them in '03-'04.

A bit off topic - but I think our Lanzar/Zed history is a little off.
Through '96-97 Lanzar was a stand-alone all in-house brand. They designed and built their own speakers, amps, processors etc at their facility in CA. I used to know the town. Simi Valley maybe?

It seems they saw the sell-out to Asia on the horizon and, fittingly, sold out to Sound Around.

I'm pretty sure the old a/b beasts (50c, 2500 etc.) all came before Lanzar (as part of Sound Around) contracted with Zed Audio.

If they were Zed's amps, he certainly changed his philosophy on internal layout because those old amps were a mess on the inside.

In the late 90's the silver Optidrive's came out (500.2, 200.2, 100.4 and 1000.1D) and they were Zed's modern, super clean boards.

It always seemed to me Sound Around really did make an effort to carry on the reputation of high quality amps in the optidrive line (apparent by using Zed to build them for a couple years).

But the massive amounts of chinese (non-opti) Lanzar stuff dragged them down.

So now most people lump them in with the junk brands, but the occasional "enthusiast" (like me) still throws out the token -- "But don't forget about Optidrive -- still good amps".

Anyway -- The last Zed designed/built Optidrives were completed in '99, maybe '00.

Lanzar had stock through about '02, then the Korean models replaced them in '03-'04.
lmao i saw a 3000 watt mono one on ebay for about 70 dollars last night i think it would be worth it do you?

lmao i saw a 3000 watt mono one on ebay for about 70 dollars last night i think it would be worth it do you?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Not much for reading comprehension huh?

I think I was pretty clear that most of the NON-Opti stuff is not worth messing with.

More clearly, for the reading impaired...

NON-opti - not good.

Opti - much better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.