What all do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kbkid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Virginia
What all do I need to finally hook this headunit up in my Explorer? It's a Pioneer 8600. I'm going to eventually have two amps in the cargo area so should I go ahead and run the RCA cables for that? Do I need any speaker wire for any of the door speakers? The whole entire factory stereo is coming out just going to be piece by piece. So what do I need to get the headunit hooked up and running?

well for just the headunit you will need the dash kit and wire harness. since you will be running amps it would be best to run your rca's and remote wire. it wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure your headunit has a good ground instead of hooking it up through the factory ground and end up with noise. i found grounding the headunit to the battery works well.

How many sets of RCAs will I need since I will have two amps? What about speaker wire from my factory speakers? Where can I get the dash kit and wire harness as well?

What about wire harness? Can I get that from Crutchfield? Anything else I will need now? I'm going to run all of the factory speakers off of the headunit to begin with until I upgrade... That would be fine wouldn't it?

u can go to any store that carries car audio to get ur harness and mount kit, u have a pretty common car. meijiers will carry ur harness and mount kit, or BB , or CC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.