Dual RCA Outputs on Old Alpine Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

venom107
10+ year member

The Graveyard Shift
Quick question I just found out that the dual set of RCA connectors goes to channel 1,2 and channel 3,4. The entire time I have had this Amp I've only been running RCA's to the channel 1,2 but I've still had sound from 3,4 how could this be? By not using both sets of RCA connectors do I lose out on something? Why was music still coming out of the rear speakers without an RCA hookup?

Its a 3527S Alpine Amp old school also, the last setting says "Input Channel" 1/2, 3/4, or 1+3/2+4. I have it set to 1/2 so maybe thats why it works with only one set of RCA hookups to Channels 1 and 2. Any extra info would help.

I would guess that your amp has either an internal or external switch for the source of the rear channels.

For instance, my PPI amp has a switch on the endplate that switches the rearchannels input from "INT" to "EXT" which simply means the rears get their signal from either RCA 3/4 or from the amp (INT, which is recieved from the front RCA).

As for losing something, you might lose fader from front to back unless there is circuitry in the amp to kinda do "false" fading. If you have a higher end deck with time alignment settings and stuff you would surely lose that function to the rear speakers.

That explains why the fader didn't work. I guess next time I'll just hook up both sets and switch the last switch to use both RCA Outputs. A lesson well learned. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.