What all do I need to compete in the World Finals

Kinda hard to test without that tl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Buy that before ya go buying new equipment
As I said and then he said..get that TL or your sunk before you start...

I say buy a TL, then buy some wood...then build/test/build/test...repeat...repeat

Sence you seem to have no idea whats going on, you need to find some people close to were you live that are willing help you out with box design and what to run. If you try to just push your way through with out taking the advice given or ask for help then your in for a realy long road.

I just posted the same answer on another thread but, I would go to as many shows where pros will be and try to talk to them sometimes you'll get lucky and they help ya out others will be nasty. I learned thru out my years from a few of them what to do and not to do! Check out the iasca, meca, usaci websites for the rules and classes. That will help you determine a little better what direction you'll want to go in.
I already have the IASCA rules. And I go to all of the shows that I find out about. Im actually going to one saturday night.

But I dont ever see alof of pros there. The last place I saw some actual pros was the SBN. I will definately be a competitor there next year.

But other than that, the only shows that come around here are from local audio shops. Like the one I will be at saturday.

As I said and then he said..get that TL or your sunk before you start...

I say buy a TL, then buy some wood...then build/test/build/test...repeat...repeat

Sence you seem to have no idea whats going on, you need to find some people close to were you live that are willing help you out with box design and what to run. If you try to just push your way through with out taking the advice given or ask for help then your in for a realy long road.
Im taking all of your advice. I figured I had alot of work ahead of me.

I just talked with a friend, and we were talking about getting another vehicle. We dont know whether to get a hatchback, van, suv, or another mini truck.

I was thinking another ranger or an s10.

But we are planning something crazy loud.

Prolly a blowthrough with either 6 or 8 15s in it.

Would another ext cab truck like mine be good for that, or would we be better off getting something else.

If so, what should we get.

If you want to realy compete then you need to get on the forums were the pro's are. Termpro and diald's usaci forum. Your 145 will win small shows more then likely but like said you will need mid 50's in any org to be in the top 5 in any stock class.

Also, most people on the forums don't know wtf they are talking about. They merly repeat what they hear from others. So you realy need to find your way to the Usaci or DB drag forums were you know the pro's are and that will help.

Although most will give you an idea on sub placement and tuning they will tell you to build and build and test and test. Every car/truck is different even if it is the exact same. If you need a list of sites and contacts on those sites PM me. I have in the SPL lanes and in the top 5 of Usaci(in pro-stock) for the past 5 years and have meet a ton of people who would be more then willing to help you and others on there to the lanes..

1st gen S-10 X-cab. Use 2 or 3 15s ported and you can run Usaci outlaw doing mid 150's to high 150s maybe a 160 if get the product to back it up....

But if you want to got DB drag then there are a ton of ways to go most of them ending with a ton of power and subs to handle it...

1st gen S-10 X-cab. Use 2 or 3 15s ported and you can run Usaci outlaw doing mid 150's to high 150s maybe a 160 if get the product to back it up....
But if you want to got DB drag then there are a ton of ways to go most of them ending with a ton of power and subs to handle it...
Between my friend and I, we can get the money slowly but surely. It will just take time to build it up.

So we will keep an eye out for a 1st generation s10.

Do you have any recomendations on subs and amps.

I apologize for all the questions, but this is something I have wanted to do since I got my first system. And I understand that it wont be easy.

We are looking for a lot of power, subs to handle it, batteries, caps, whatever we need. But we are going to do this.

So if anyone has any recomendations on subs, amps, batteries and such....please post your ideas.

It will be greatly appreciated.

Between my friend and I, we can get the money slowly but surely. It will just take time to build it up. So we will keep an eye out for a 1st generation s10.

Do you have any recomendations on subs and amps.

I apologize for all the questions, but this is something I have wanted to do since I got my first system. And I understand that it wont be easy.

We are looking for a lot of power, subs to handle it, batteries, caps, whatever we need. But we are going to do this.

So if anyone has any recomendations on subs, amps, batteries and such....please post your ideas.

It will be greatly appreciated.
TermLab before you buy anything....

No problem on ?'s man..you have to learn some how....

I would of course buy the TL first before any...

After that figure out were your going with the build and what you are building...

I use L7s or DD subs...power just depends on what class what subs and type of setup...

Alright the TL is on the top of my list.

I was thinking bout the L7s.

I always thought they had a slight advantage being square. Giving it that lil bit more cone area. But thats just me

If your use the 1st gen S-10 X-cab and just doing the install in the cab you need 3 DD subs..the squares don't like that setup...I tried that didn't work...

Also if you do any kind of walkthrough or blowthrough you will be in mod in USaci so you could not cross between orgs really. Not to mention unless you sell the truck with the product in it you won't get crap for it because of the cut..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: its so true too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i can finally say i dont **** anymore because i do a 150+ on teh dash now with the 2 fifteeeeeeenz.
go fuck yourself you dont have a trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.