What’s your preferred car audio brand(s)

Mrvinovin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, new to the forum and car audio in general. What are your guys preferred brands for certain things in car audio. Ex: amplifiers, 6x9s, tweeters, cross overs, signal processors and such. I’m looking to upgrade a few of these things being budget friendly too. Thanks guys

image dynamics xs 6x9 is the only decent 6x9. You gonna want to look at 6.5s if you want anything halfway decent thats cheap like silverflutes and massive ct2 are a good combo pair that with a dayton audio dsp 408(takes care of all crossovers EQ, time alignment you name it) with a pioneer gm8704.

For speakers i usually buy any name brand coax i can find on sale. It isn't the best, but it's noticeably better than stock and good enough for my liking. I currently have infinity in my Ex, infinity and kicker in my Bronco, alpine and I think pioneer in my F250.

So many to choose from. I run Audiofrog, SB Acoustics, JL, Image Dynamics, JBL/Infinity, Stereo Integrity, Zapco and have run more.

For amps I am running JBL, Zapco, and JL currently. Love them equally.

For subs I’m running IDQ’s and Audiofrog but soon to be Adire Brahma and SSA Icon. IDQ’s are meh to me but I dig the Audiofrog.

For speakers, I’m running ID CXS but soon to be Stereo Integrity. Also running Infinity 6x9’s (I really enjoy these) and swapping the infinity tweeter with the SB Acoustics. I may swap the Infinity 6x9 with my Audiofrog 6x9 just to see which I like better.

Don't forget about some of the Pioneer products. I just installed two GM-DX874 amps in my vehicle. A budget Gem on the bench test. Also have a set of Pioneer TS-Z65CH component speakers. Sound very nice. I also had some Kenwood Excelon amps that were nice.

You gotta be more specific! I prefer different brands for different types of products, as I assume others do.

these are the brands i like for the $

deck = Alpine
speakers = Image Dynamics
subs = Fi
amps = Rockford Fosgate

not the cheapest, but yah

So many to choose from. I run Audiofrog, SB Acoustics, JL, Image Dynamics, JBL/Infinity, Stereo Integrity, Zapco and have run more.

For amps I am running JBL, Zapco, and JL currently. Love them equally.

For subs I’m running IDQ’s and Audiofrog but soon to be Adire Brahma and SSA Icon. IDQ’s are meh to me but I dig the Audiofrog.

For speakers, I’m running ID CXS but soon to be Stereo Integrity. Also running Infinity 6x9’s (I really enjoy these) and swapping the infinity tweeter with the SB Acoustics. I may swap the Infinity 6x9 with my Audiofrog 6x9 just to see which I like better.
interesting sub choices, I know the IDQ and Audiofrog are more SQ oriented than the SSA Icon, Adire Brahma, But that depends who you ask right. Curious to know how you compare the ICON and the Brahma to the Audiofrog, I'll have to keep an eye out.

Thank you for all your insights. Just trying to take some knowledge in before I purchase anything. Another example is what brand for head units, 6x9s, etc for speakers. Subwoofers, amplifiers
4, 2 and mono, or anything that’s relevant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.