DSP diagnosis

Participant count
  • Participants list

Leesi207

CarAudio.com Recruit
Maine
I had an Audison Forza hooked up in my car. I’m trying to determine the complete lack of midbass. Like there was much more when the car was completely stock.

When i fade to the rear on the stock head unit all sound completely fades out of the system.
When I fade to the right I completely lose all signal to my subwoofer.

is this typical?

I had an Audison Forza hooked up in my car. I’m trying to determine the complete lack of midbass. Like there was much more when the car was completely stock.

When i fade to the rear on the stock head unit all sound completely fades out of the system.
When I fade to the right I completely lose all signal to my subwoofer.

is this typical?
1st you might think actual 40-60hz bass is midbass, but thats in the range of subsonic bass.

2nd stock speakers are tuned to play sub bass better than aftermarkets that boomy sound is actually sub bass, not midbass. So if you swapped them out, you'll be missing a huge chunk of your low end.

stock head units also have their own EQ curve, the DSP will fix the signal and provide a flat signal so all the stock head unit built in boosts that you cant change, well all that is flattened now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.