Welding supply and fuse questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kaboob
10+ year member

LA
#2 is between 4g and 1/0...the 2/0 from welding supply will fit in that fuse-holder. 2/0 from them is about the same overall size as Stinger, RF etc's 1/0...

I just drill the holes out bigger if it doesnt fit..

#2 is between 4g and 1/0...the 2/0 from welding supply will fit in that fuse-holder. 2/0 from them is about the same overall size as Stinger, RF etc's 1/0...
I just drill the holes out bigger if it doesnt fit..
So is the 2 gauge the 304-1170 #2 Weld Cable Black $0.76 1/FT or

304-1330 2/0 Weld Cable Black $1.45 1/FT?

Cool, so any fuse holder that can hold 1 or 4 guage wire can hold 2 guage right? I just didn't know if it wouldn't accept it for some reason or another. What am I looking at for amps on the fuse? I think the amp max is 130 amps and the wire can take 200 amps at 50 ft so should I use somthing like a 150 amp fuse?

That would work just fine. Might look around for a better price, if thats a concern. Try http://www.darvex.com Also, there are a few people on this board that sell wiring supplies, but Im drawing a blank on the names right now.

Nah price isn't that big of a deal. I'm about to drop a grand so 20 bucks wont really make my cry too much more. As far as the fuse, is the 150 all right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.