weird voltage drop...

If it's only with the hu turned on, not the air or any other accessory, it's not the battery or alternator. The air may drop it a little, but not to the levels you're getting. I would pull the hu and check the wiring connections. You may have had something come loose. Even if you don't see anything loose, redo all the connections. That should only take about 15 minutes. If that doesn't fix it, check the new power wire you ran. It sounds like a wiring problem withthe hu though.
The HU turns everything else on amp-wise. Start with the easy stuff first. He ran new wire two days ago; not a new HU. It's obvious...............

The HU turns everything else on amp-wise. Start with the easy stuff first. He ran new wire two days ago; not a new HU. It's obvious...............
It very well could be a coincidence that running the new wire and some wire with the hu shorted closely together. He did say the wire was ran a couple of days ago and this problem just started. I'm not saying it's not the power wire, but if it was, there would more than likely be a voltage drop at all times, not just when the radio is on. If that were to short, it would pull enough power to blow the inline fuse. If the fuse didn't blow, the battery would definitely be drained overnight. A wire on the hu could do that as well, but it's not as likely.

It very well could be a coincidence that running the new wire and some wire with the hu shorted closely together. He did say the wire was ran a couple of days ago and this problem just started. I'm not saying it's not the power wire, but if it was, there would more than likely be a voltage drop at all times, not just when the radio is on. If that were to short, it would pull enough power to blow the inline fuse. If the fuse didn't blow, the battery would definitely be drained overnight. A wire on the hu could do that as well, but it's not as likely.
Sounds good to me. This is what forums are for after all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I use a cap for my voltage meter lol digital.. It's in my bids but i even used a DMM at the battery and cap and amps to make sure it was reading correct and it is I did it with hu off then on and they read the same

Cut the wiring harness and completely redo all your connections. If that doesn't work, start checking out that run you recently installed and see if you have a poor connection somewhere along the line. Also, check your remote turn on to the amps. If that came loose and is touching something else as well as where it goes on the amp, the amp will turn on and it could lead to a voltage loss. I'd assume that would damage the switching relay inside the HU if that were the case, but it's something to check.

Cut the wiring harness and completely redo all your connections. If that doesn't work, start checking out that run you recently installed and see if you have a poor connection somewhere along the line. Also, check your remote turn on to the amps. If that came loose and is touching something else as well as where it goes on the amp, the amp will turn on and it could lead to a voltage loss. I'd assume that would damage the switching relay inside the HU if that were the case, but it's something to check.
Mind boggling........Please just put a DMM on your power, remote and ground with the car on and off. See if there are any anomalies while checking them.

Sometimes when **** gets messed up, I feel like totaling my car and starting over. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif:crying://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif:crying://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif:crying://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif:crying:

this is so frustrating:mad:

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif:crying://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif:crying:
this is so frustrating:mad:
Give it all to me and start over. It's the only way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:cool:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.