weird voltage drop...

i think the hu is fine too i think its something to do with actual power wire, possibly the fuse holder now

but who knows, we'll know tomorrow for sure, i hope

I'll admit I didn't look through all those pages of pictures. Alright, I didn't look at any. I think you may have solved you're own problem.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

yeah but anyways how could the fuse holder be the problem? its a solid connection, and tight, not much raw wire is just hanging out.. maybe it isnt a good quality fuse holder? check the link, think so? link to fuse holder is in one of my posts above.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
yeah but anyways how could the fuse holder be the problem? its a solid connection, and tight, not much raw wire is just hanging out.. maybe it isnt a good quality fuse holder? check the link, think so? link to fuse holder is in one of my posts above.
Nope, not checking the link. If you have ANY voltage drop across a fuse there is a problem. If you verify that's where the drop is, you've found your culprit. You could burnish/sand or whatever but my gut feeling is you can't polish a turd (MythBusters tried it). I have no idea what brand you have but its obviously defective/inferior. I'd bet it says "CHINA" somewhere on it. Try an American made fuse holder.

has anyone thought to disconnect the new power wire from the bat then test? If the voltage doesnt drop, then you can eliminate a HU problem. As others have said, I would then bypass the cap, put it back, then bypass the fuse.

Edit: oops there would still be the possibility of the HU's remote wire causing problems even with the power wire disconnected. From there, I would reconnect power wire and remove the remote wires as Kyle suggested. I'm no guru by any means, but I think it's the cap.

has anyone thought to disconnect the new power wire from the bat then test? If the voltage doesnt drop, then you can eliminate a HU problem. As others have said, I would then bypass the cap, put it back, then bypass the fuse.
It's very doubtful the HU alone could draw enough current to cause that kind of voltage drop. With no volume (current) demand, the HU and amps should idle with virtually no current draw. Unless they're grossly "misaligned" as in huge amounts of offfset they should run cool until asked to produce sound. I'm sticking with a poor connection (possible shitty fuse holder in this case).

Nope, not checking the link. If you have ANY voltage drop across a fuse there is a problem. If you verify that's where the drop is, you've found your culprit. You could burnish/sand or whatever but my gut feeling is you can't polish a turd (MythBusters tried it). I have no idea what brand you have but its obviously defective/inferior. I'd bet it says "CHINA" somewhere on it. Try an American made fuse holder.
its an audiopipe fuse holder

well, just remove both remote turn on wires from both amps.. voltage when car started was 14.4.. turned hu on, stayed at 14.4 turned music on, played through rear speakers.. stayed at 14.4 even when i turned the HU off

so that shows that it isnt the HU

so now, it has to be something along the power wire line, wether its the wire it's self, bad connection, or the fuse holder.

well, after i did the test with the remote wires out, i thought i should just see if its still doing it before i have to take things apart and what not, so i tested voltage at front and back with car off, then started, then hu on, playing music, music off, hu off.. voltage started at 14.4, and ended in 14.4

so, i turned the HU off.. voltage stayed at 14.4 i took my DMM measured the voltage at the amps, it was 14.4 at my subwoofer amp, and 14.3 at my front stage amp.. seems right since i have the cap being used as a distro to both of my amps, but the power wire to the front stage amp is 5ft long give or take a few inches.

so since the problem just "disappeared" over night, litterally, it will most likely pop up again, but until it does i cant do any more tests to see what the problem was... fawk >.

How are you testing equipment when it's supposed to be in boxes on the way to me? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

How are you testing equipment when it's supposed to be in boxes on the way to me? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
the thing in your new sig scared it all away so they ran back home to me..

That would be an avatar. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
yeah i noticed that but i was too lazy to edit, and editing posts makes you look like a fool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.