Weird sub problem

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im having an issue with one of my subs not excursing (sp?) as much as the other one. The right sub will move out like half an inch farther than the left one. I suspect this is a connection issue but im not sure. I have a pos and neg run of 10 gauge running into the box, then 2 pos and 2 negs coming off those going to the subs. Perhaps something came loose here idk. Im gonna get some 12g from work and give each sub its own pos and neg run straight to the amp like i did with my last box. I just did the 10g as a temp thing anyhow. Im pretty sure this is my problem but id like to add one more thing.

The other night i was driving home from work listening to something with a good amount of bass, dont remember what song it was. I had it on 45 which is what i usually listen to it at, and around 50 is where the sub amp seems to reach its peak at. I leaned over to get something and my ass leaned over the remote and pushed the volume to 62 (max) for like 3 secs, and it hasnt seemed quite as loud since. Also notice my voltage drops about .3 volts less than it used to which is weird. Any ideas guys? Im gonna replace the speaker wires and see where that gets me first.

How the **** would it be out of phase? Ive got 2 HUGE ****ing speaker wires, one red, one black, going to the subs, really not that hard to match the + and - up.. I said in the post it WAS working fine, then all of a sudden it changed. Im going to open the box up tommorow and see what i find though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.