weird problem help

Participant count
  • Participants list
so i am a delivery driver and have been driving my car all day with the stereo working fine but when i got off work my stereo didnt turn on and when i pushed my clutch in it made a wierd grinding noise but the clutch mechanically worked fine. so i reset the stereo and it came back on and the clutch stoped making the noise. i have the big 3 done but it has been almost a month since i have done anything to my elcetrical system so i dont know where the problem came from any ideas towhat could have caused this so i can make sure it doesnt happen again or mess something up seriously would be very appreciated

i doub the two are related. is the radio working fine now? and being a delivery driver i am sure youre smart enough to know not to blast your **** full tilt during your entire shift.

yes the radio is working fine now everything went back to normal when i reset the head unit thats the only thing that changed and it stoped all the problems and no i dont really bump at all when im working but i wasnt when this happened either idk its really wierd i wasnt sure if a ground loop could manifest like that possibly?

The grind was almost like the throw out bearing or something was going out but the clutch is working perfectly mechanically speaking I redid the head unit ground and it hasn't happened again I havent driven a lot since but we will see any other ideas would be appreciated in case it happens again and it's a 98 rodeo

what stereo you running i'm guessing because your running a big three u got subs.

the rodeo is known for tranny problems but i'm wondering if you ran you battery low well blasting you subs all day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif

and if it was screwing with a sensor but i have never worked on one my self so i'm not certain.

I have a jvc kd-r820bt and ya I have subs and a couple amps but I have a volt meter ran from the battery and at its lowest it hits 14.0 volts and I think it might have to do with the sensor that keeps the car from starting with out the clutch pushed in I started with the ground because I think it was a ground loop manifesting in a weird way and its been a couple days since it has happened so I think I got it fixed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.