Wattage problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Newbie-cars

CarAudio.com Newbie
Czech
Hi, so I have got this almost 12 year old audio system in my car it is SCD-3102R and I need to replace the front (the part which you can clip off). My current one has 4x40 watts written on it, but the inly available on the market now has 4x25 watts. Can I replace it with this one? Is it safe? Can somebody help me please? Other than that, the number match, the types and looks are the same, just the watts are different.

You want to change face plates? It's the type of thing that MAY work, but if it doesn't, you might fry the new face, and possibly the whole unit.
The contacts have to be the same -- not only physically, but each contact has to be doing the same thing between the old face and the new. The odds of that? Who knows?

You want to change face plates? It's the type of thing that MAY work, but if it doesn't, you might fry the new face, and possibly the whole unit.
The contacts have to be the same -- not only physically, but each contact has to be doing the same thing between the old face and the new. The odds of that? Who knows?
Hi, exactly. I would like to change the faceplate. It has same serial number (both are SCD-3102R) and the one I got as a replacement has lower watts - 4x25, the old is 4x40. The looks are definitely same, the only different thing is the watts...

I really do not know what to do as those faceplates are very rare. Also, I do not really care about damaging the new one. I just really do not want to lose the unit.

So hey, my dad came here and said that twelve years ago everything was compatible and pushed it in, everything works great.

So hey, my dad came here and said that twelve years ago everything was compatible and pushed it in, everything works great.
Pretty sure it just means your new deck can produce 5 watts more per channel than the last one. It definitely wouldn't be a problem, if anything make it a little louder lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.