Waterproofing speakers in my door

Have to wait till i have a day off work, its getting dark to early now for me to figure out whats wrong, i dont need more problems was hoping to put panels on and start 1/0 wiring, ohhh well.

Have to wait till i have a day off work, its getting dark to early now for me to figure out whats wrong, i dont need more problems was hoping to put panels on and start 1/0 wiring, ohhh well.
Take your time man.. It will come together. Its been raining here all dammned day. I had Plans for some temp gear on door speakers to swapp out. I need to change one more temp amp out to one that I care little for ATM. Had someone try a Slimm Jimm on my truck last week. Swapped some speakers out , amps and subs and Cheaper HU for now. Just got one more amp pull/swapp out

If you look at the panel the back of my door panel this is me looking down on it if you look in the lower right corner you'll see the speaker grill I put some foam around that so it'll hit the foam around the speaker and cause a seal but if you notice in the photo the speaker grill inside the panel is at a angle it's not straight so the foam on the back of the door is going to touch in one spot quite a bit before it touches in another spot.

Good luck with the swap. Aint cool someone trying to slim jimm you dam thieves.
Thanks man. Ya. I had it parked in the Street for a bit. Got it in the Driveway now on my Cameras. Had a Flatbed in the drive for a bit and my 2500HD and HHR in front of Trailer. other truck parked on street just see one side with cameras at Mailbox. Pretty good Neighborhood to be honest. Never any real issues. Maybe a MCDs cup in the yard once in a great while on my corner lot/yard

Better view i flipped the photo.

Yeah even the good hoods get some bad people rolling thru, worlds gone mad.

Attachments

• carjpg.jpg
    carjpg.jpg
    979.8 KB · Views: 13
Better view i flipped the photo.

Yeah even the good hoods get some bad people rolling thru, worlds gone mad.
Id take a Yard stick or flat piece wood across that door panel and measure both side of depth to see what you have, then measure on the door to see what you can do or have to cut/or remove

Yeah i need to see how far that door panel speaker grill is from the speaker in the door, and you see its not a even space probally a good 1/4 inch or more on that angle, more like 3/8 of a inch, why cant things be simple.

Yeah i need to see how far that door panel speaker grill is from the speaker in the door, and you see its not a even space probally a good 1/4 inch or more on that angle, more like 3/8 of a inch, why cant things be simple.
Right.. Things are getting more complicated these days. Making it to where that average Joe (such as Myself) have no way of repairing of fixing anything at home.. Rather to spend X amount of $s to even do simple preventive maintenance on your own vehicle?? Try finding the Dipstick for your transmission in most cars today to check Fluid level and or to see if your fluid needs attention??

Well just measured back of door panel, that speaker grill is 1/2 inch off from one end to the other, more than i thought. So maybe no foam on the high side and 1/2 of foam on the low side. Cant figure why they angled it ???????? So to make sure i get a good seal im going to have to play the height a little, but thats not what is keeping the panel from going on. Im going to check all the holes where the tabs go in and make sure there is no foam or tape around them stoping the tabs from pushing in.

I like using foam baffles. I have had the current baffles ~4 years. As far as frequency attenuation, I hear no discernible difference sans baffles.
View attachment 44001
I put those in my F250 and they seem to be fine.

Really at the end of the day though being in a vehicle is an extremely harsh environment and you should not expect the lifespan you'd get out of a set of bookshelf speakers out of anything mounted in a car door unless you live someplace extremely dry.

Got a question for anybody can answer when I'm hooking up my power to my battery how far away is the max the fuse can be away from the battery?
There is not a maximum distance between a battery and a fuse. However, the fuse only protects everything downstream of it, so the closer the better. A short after the fuse blows the fuse, whereas a short before the fuse causes a fire.

That's interesting because I'm thinking what would possibly cause a short before the fuse between the battery and the fuse what is going to short out?

After the fuse obviously it could be your amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...