Waterproofing speakers in my door

Already chose my speakers went with a three-way system Sony ES heard good things about them going to give them a try.

Was going to go with stereo integrity I've heard good things about their speakers but they were out of the speakers and not getting them for months so I ended up passing on those.

But thanks for the name to the speakers if I end up not liking the Sony's that'll give me some other ideas.

Already chose my speakers went with a three-way system Sony ES heard good things about them going to give him a try.

Was going to go with stereo integrity I've heard good things about their speakers but they were out of the speakers and not getting them for months so I ended up passing on those.

But thanks for the name to the speakers if I end up not liking the Sony's that'll give me some other ideas.
Nothing wrong with Mobile ES stuff. I have had several head units and a few ES amps and one Home amplifier.

Both of those look interesting it'll probably work fine I'm looking at it like my stock speakers been in that car for 10 years and they look perfectly fine like a drop of water and never hit them think I'm just going to pass on the waterproofing.

Kind of already got the speakers installed and I'm not going to pull them out again unless something goes wrong with them appreciate the links though.

Now that I have the speakers in I stuck my hand in the door behind them there's only about a 3/4 in area of exposed speaker besides the magnet that water could actually hit the speaker because I've got them on three quarter inch spacers so a lot of the speakers not even sticking out exposed I could just cut a little strip of something and put it over the top of it and detour water I don't think I need a whole entire enclosure.

Finally got the door done soundproofed inside outside got the speakers mounted got the foam around them ready to pop the door panel back on and move on to the next phase.

Attachments

• 1028221211_HDR.jpg
    1028221211_HDR.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 27
Finally got the door done soundproofed inside outside got the speakers mounted got the foam around them ready to pop the door panel back on and move on to the next phase.
Very Nice!! Just an FYI.. I ran into an Issue the other day when my Interior Door handle would not open the door in my truck. I Sound deadened/ Used 80 mill on my doors completely covered.. and i used a heat gun to make sure the dual Layers stuck well. I forgot to leave the Panel Bolts uncovered to access and remove the door interior panel. It took me ALL DAY LONG to get it fixed. due to all the Deadner on the door. I guess someone tried a Slimm Jimm on my door and damaged the Door rods, they didnt make it in though. I have my Temp speakers and subs and now temp amps in as of today. I mean.. You can cut with razor Knife to seperate the interior door panel, But I Heated that up and it was a BICH!! LOL. At least its on there and not coming loose. I went back over with just hitting a couple spots with new to be able to cut and remove a bit easier next time.( Just being a real Dumbazz putting in and not thinking about future access and theives I guess).

Last edited:
Just tried to put my door panels back on they won't go on the bottom will snap in but I can't get the right side to click in the panel's hitting something on the door and I don't think it's the speakerphone around the speaker I think it's some of the door deadening material that I covered all the holes up with in the door is stopping it from being able to allow the clips to click in don't know where it's hitting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...