Waterproofing speakers in my door

I see what you're saying I could basically put three long ones on the bottom three short ones on the top turn them upwards connect the RCA cables and then turn it all downward that might work.
Yes. Thats what Im trying to say.. LOL Those connections can rotate 360* if one isnt in the way

You know what I'll have to do is I'll have to strip the RCA cables apart they're actually attached to each other so one RCA cable all the cables are stuck together I'll have to strip them all separately otherwise I would never be able to get one to go into the top and one into the bottom if the rcas are the same length.
I stopped buying and rarely will install a multiple RCA set. Ill use Duals to make things a bit more simplistic. Ive ran 5 ch RCAs and it was a mess and some 4 ch ones.

This is the fuse power block I'm using.

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 16672706963781031474908861810319.jpg
    16672706963781031474908861810319.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 10
I stopped buying and rarely will install a multiple RCA set. Ill use Duals to make things a bit more simplistic. Ive ran 5 ch RCAs and it was a mess and some 4 ch ones.

Yeah that makes sense kind of already got my RCA cable so it's all right I'll pull them apart to make it work and then I'll just zip tie it down to the board it should be fine or maybe I won't even have to pull them all the way apart just a little bit it'll allow me to move one further away than the other.

You know what I'll have to do is I'll have to strip the RCA cables apart they're actually attached to each other so one RCA cable all the cables are stuck together I'll have to strip them all separately otherwise I would never be able to get one to go into the top and one into the bottom if the rcas are the same length.
If you decide to strip/cut the multiple Ch RCAs. Id recommend doing on the smooth Concrete floor or a famica top table stretch them a little to get them fairly straight and use a good box blade knife with new Sharp blade and cut easily and clean.

Last edited:
This is the fuse power block I'm using.

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.
Ive heard of Install Bay which is pretty decent but not Install Gear. Should work just fine. Keep an eye out on the Interior Housing for any sight of melting. If you see any at all. Replace it before it melts to your wires and Shortens out. Ive had a very expensive Zapco amp that got cooked due to a JL block that was supposed to be rated for 300 amps, and it ended up melting with a 200 amp ANL fuse and shorted out to the back wall in one my trucks years ago. Used Stinger and never had any issues. Just replaced a Nice expensive Kicker one that started melting the housing. Mind you.. All connections are well secure and use ferrules and Heat shrinked as well.

Oh really, maybe i should go with another brand fuse block ?.

I just ordered 3 long, 3 short rca from parts express. Heres a question, when i put those rca 90s on my amp, they cant touch eachother can they ? it will short ?

Oh really, maybe i should go with another brand fuse block ?.

I just ordered 3 long, 3 short rca from parts express. Heres a question, when i put those rca 90s on my amp, they cant touch eachother can they ? it will short ?
They should not touch each other once you put the RCAs in. If you have Doubt, You can always get some Heat Shield at Orileys or Autozone on put some on them. But they should be just fine. The Outside of them do not interact with or have any properties to ground out the signal as it is Jacketed inside. Its not like Power and Ground and remote supplies where the exposed connections are a Solid Block connection and Should be Heat Shielded.

Just run the ANL holder and keep an eye on it. Just Check and inspect it daily for a bit, or when you get fuel and check your Oil level. Run your system hard for a good 2 hours and Check the interior housing on it, see if its wihtstanding the heat. If you smell melting plastic and seeing any melting issues.. change it immediately. Run the system mildly until you get it changed

I have a question for you guys is there any benefit in streaming music from my phone directly to my helix DSP or just streaming music into my head unit is there any benefit is there any point in me purchasing the helix Bluetooth module?

The helix Bluetooth module will do 24/48 streaming which is pretty darn good not sure if the head unit is capable of that that's why I'm asking the question.

Obviously plugging in through USB directly into the phone directly into the head unit is probably your best route but that's not always possible.

Wondering if the helix Bluetooth module is worth the $199 price tag.

I guess my question is why would you buy the Helix Bluetooth that plugs into the DSP most dsps good companies offer a Bluetooth module that attaches to the DSP.

I'm guessing it probably outperforms the Bluetooth connectivity that most head units have otherwise why would you spend the money on a Bluetooth module that connects to your DSP there's going to be some kind of benefit to it.

Typically the higher end ones Will stream 24/48 does the head unit stream 2 4/48 .

I guess my question is why would you buy the Helix Bluetooth that plugs into the DSP most dsps good companies offer a Bluetooth module that attaches to the DSP.

I'm guessing it probably outperforms the Bluetooth connectivity that most head units have otherwise why would you spend the money on a Bluetooth module that connects to your DSP there's going to be some kind of benefit to it.

Typically the higher end ones Will stream 24/48 does the head unit stream 2 4/48 .
Does you phone support and use LDAC for Bluetooth? That's pretty much the only option for high res Bluetooth.

I highly doubt the factory deck supports 24/48

Yes my phone supports ldac but apx HD which is a version of Bluetooth supports 24/48 along with ldac ldac might actually support 24/96. But you're right my head unit has Bluetooth 5.1 but I doubt that it supports apx HD or ldac so you're right it probably will not stream 24/48 so that would be the benefit of buying the Bluetooth module for the helix.

Yes ldac does support 24/96 apxhd supports 24/48 my phone supports both of those modules.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...