Wanting 2k @ 2 ohm

Frank H

San Diego
I am running a Sundown Audio X12 with dual 4 (version2). I keep reading this thing can take 2k+ all day (rated at 1500w but most say underrated). I have 1000w Alpine on it now and its very decent but wanting more.

What I want is 2000 RMS at 2 ohm BUT I want it to be 1ohm stable for when I decide the one 12" isnt enough, I can upgrade to two D4's and run 1ohm load to the amp and get more power.

Big 3 with 1/0g OFC wire, same wire to the trunk. Am adding a 2nd yellowtop battery when I relocate the amp's in the next week or so, since I have a spare sitting here. I will upgrade the alt before I run the amp at 1 ohm.

Recommend something to me please?

your best shot is a memphis mojo 4k ... and they are around 400-500

above mentioned crossfire can be had in ur budget if you can find one just seen a few not too long ago...

kicker kx/zx you get around 2.5-3k at 2ohm but wont handle 1 ohm too well.... but in your price range with money left over... then save up when you decide to upgrade to 2 subs resale kicker.... the 2500 models go quick here... and most stay around 300

Ill look into that mojo. Heard they are power hungry. Not sure where, or how reliable the source was, but Ill look into it. Thanks.

If Im gonna be spending $750, might as well get what I really want - SCV3000D.. or I do like the look of them crescendo's!

might have to sell a white lens to get this going haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.