Want to go Louder

FI Audio SSD 12 or 15"

http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/ssd-series-ssd12/

Sundown Audio U series 12 or 15

https://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers-2/item/u-series

SA two 8" or 10", single 12 or 15

https://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sa-series

Last option would be a pair or Sundown Shallow mount but these could be same as the W6 or possibly a downgrade as I have never heard those JL's. Surprisingly, these hit pretty hard in a ported box. I had one and I was very happy for the 2 years I ran it. Then got the bug to upgrade.

I have a pair of SA15's and they hit pretty hard. Over all satisfied with the sub. The top links would be my suggestion based on box size and power you are working with. Don't let the rms specs fool you, they go louder than whats posted. So many people on the forum rum Sundown or have had sundown. Its a great "first sub" till you get to the bigger series.

Never owned FI product but I am considering SSD or U Series for my next upgrade.

Not sure if its been mentioned but I would do "the Big 3".

Hope this helps.
hes only working with 3 cubes. a 15" would be a very tight fit if he has a proper box

OP... you keep sayin 3 cubes... not to treat you noobish but what external dimensions do you have to work with? 

That might let everyone know what'll fit. Cause 3 cubes externally after displacements (sub/port/thickness of materials) could be a lot less in reality.

Sorry... someone HAD to ask

OP... you keep sayin 3 cubes... not to treat you noobish but what external dimensions do you have to work with? 

That might let everyone know what'll fit. Cause 3 cubes externally after displacements (sub/port/thickness of materials) could be a lot less in reality.

Sorry... someone HAD to ask
better you than anyone else. I might have to see if you can whip up a desigh for my P3s in a lil bit. dont want to go too far down the rabbit hole now as there is a slight chance i might be changing cars.

sorry if i started to derail this thread holmes

My point is this... that below is under 3 cubes net (2,63ft3) but fully 3.71 ft3 gross...

DSNj9s.jpg

those displacements add up and if it's a slot... add some port area and you're adding a lot of internal displacements.

I have a weird design with my box since my car is all wheel drive. The back half of the box that sits on the trunk is a step design. I'll post a picture but it's with a beauty panel on. 

Yup 2012 acura TL. Car is a pain to get loud as my back seats dont fold down and only have a ski pass. Was thinking of doing a bandpass box through the ski pass but limited on trunk space.

that's  a nice setup. I don't  understand the rave with the 13w7 JL. I see them all the time for like 2 for 800$ 1 for 400$. I just don't  get it. Isn't  sundown and many others way better for that price and put out double of those JL subs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't  understand the rave with the 13w7 JL. 
People who buy them usually run sealed or tune em low and use em in a Sq type system in my experience.  But don't think they're a slouch, as a 13W7 can be musical and loud. Its accurate and punchy in the right enclosure yet still get loud AF... this is for a T2500 once the guy buys his second 13W7... he's pretty happy with the output sealed on a single driver. Cant wait till he does this on that amp in his Yukon...

j1OKYW.jpg

Ought to be something IMO

People who buy them usually run sealed or tune em low and use em in a Sq type system in my experience.  But don't think they're a slouch, as a 13W7 can be musical and loud. Its accurate and punchy in the right enclosure yet still get loud AF... this is for a T2500 once the guy buys his second 13W7... he's pretty happy with the output sealed on a single driver. Cant wait till he does this on that amp in his Yukon...

Ought to be something IMO
What kind of specs would you design a 12 MTX 9500 tuned to 32 hertz?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.