Want to go Louder

No you have to input the tsp numbers into bass box pro or winisd and it will calculate efficiency. Nearly all manufacturers list efficiency but 99% of the time they manipulate the number and basically lie about it. Sundown is one of few companies that post consistently accurate efficiency ratings. The most certain way to know the real number is by using one of those programs but preferably bass box pro.  

No you have to input the tsp numbers into bass box pro or winisd and it will calculate efficiency. Nearly all manufacturers list efficiency but 99% of the time they manipulate the number and basically lie about it. Sundown is one of few companies that post consistently accurate efficiency ratings. The most certain way to know the real number is by using one of those programs but preferably bass box pro.  
Would going to 10 Sundown SAs on 2K amp be better than what I have and also going a bigger box like 3 cubes total?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would going a single 15" be better than my 2 10s? I gain more cone area. Was thinking of the new MTX 9500 15" in 3 cubes at 32 hertz. Is that enclosure too small or for the woofer? MTX recommends 2.4 ft3 net volume for tight bass. And 3.4 ft3 net volume for deep bass. Was thinking  3 ft3 @ 32hertz. Would this be better option for me?

https://www.mtx.com/9515-22-car-audio-subwoofer

Ever looked into re audios? I currently am running 2 10's the re sxx they are 1200watts rms and budget friendly bought the pair 4ohms for 389.99 from caraudio savings.  Have them at 2000watts rms and just one xsd3400 battery. On the freeway where it will maintain voltage its loud and deep. Even at idle and window cracked  u can feel the air pressure. Now granted they are under powered as I  still have a stock alternator. But even so at idle in driveway and a decent volume where the voltage nvr goes below 12 they shale the house walls and garage door. Have them in a custom box of about 1.35 cubes net per woofer.. port is a lil small. I think 12 square inches per sub. Gonna build another at 16 square per sub and see if it hits harder. Tuned to 35 herts. I think in the right box what u have now can do the trick. Box is 3.7cubes gross.

20180913_013242.jpg

On a side note if I did change woofers the  2 10s Alpine X would be louder but the single 12 MTX would play the deeper bass a lot better?
Alpine X and MTX 9500 are both nice subs.  Either should get you to about the same place all things equal (assuming you build the correct box for each).  I know for sure that 9500 likes a big box though so definitely don't try to cram a 15 into 3 cube. 

All in all, the W6 is a nice woofer too and they should be quite efficient.   I don't think you'll gain dramatically from throwing new subs at your 3 cubes without doubling power.  You may just find more output by making a new box, playing with position of the box in the vehicle, or sorting out whatever issue is happening with your processor.

Don't let these guys sell you on whatever brand sub they like being your silver bullet into dramatic improvements.  For a 600W sub that will sound good there's nothing wrong with W6.

Would going a single 15" be better than my 2 10s? I gain more cone area. Was thinking of the new MTX 9500 15" in 3 cubes at 32 hertz. Is that enclosure too small or for the woofer? MTX recommends 2.4 ft3 net volume for tight bass. And 3.4 ft3 net volume for deep bass. Was thinking  3 ft3 @ 32hertz. Would this be better option for me?

https://www.mtx.com/9515-22-car-audio-subwoofer
A single 15 is only about a 12% improvement in cone area over 2 10s. You would need to double the power to hear any gains. 

The 10w6s you have are good subs to begin with so it's going to take double the power or cone area to get any serious gains. There is no other magical solution and since you aren't willing to give up more space you will have to double your power which means electrical system upgrades along with a larger amp. 

A single 15 is only about a 12% improvement in cone area over 2 10s. You would need to double the power to hear any gains. 

The 10w6s you have are good subs to begin with so it's going to take double the power or cone area to get any serious gains. There is no other magical solution and since you aren't willing to give up more space you will have to double your power which means electrical system upgrades along with a larger amp. 
But will would be a gain right? Would a 15 in 3 cubes be too small?

FI Audio SSD 12 or 15"

http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/ssd-series-ssd12/

Sundown Audio U series 12 or 15

https://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers-2/item/u-series

SA two 8" or 10", single 12 or 15

https://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sa-series

Last option would be a pair or Sundown Shallow mount but these could be same as the W6 or possibly a downgrade as I have never heard those JL's. Surprisingly, these hit pretty hard in a ported box. I had one and I was very happy for the 2 years I ran it. Then got the bug to upgrade.

I have a pair of SA15's and they hit pretty hard. Over all satisfied with the sub. The top links would be my suggestion based on box size and power you are working with. Don't let the rms specs fool you, they go louder than whats posted. So many people on the forum rum Sundown or have had sundown. Its a great "first sub" till you get to the bigger series.

Never owned FI product but I am considering SSD or U Series for my next upgrade.

Not sure if its been mentioned but I would do "the Big 3".

Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.