Walling off my car, part 2 (the pics thus far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last sheet of 3/4" 4x8 birch that I bought was about $50. Steel tubing would require a welder and some expierance. If you are going to go the 2x4 route Simpson makes brackets that may make things alot easier and sturdier for you, especially once you hide them behind a beauty panel.

http://www.strongtie.com

Where would I get the Baltic Birch? I can't do steel tubing because a) it will probably weigh a ton and b) it's going to probably exceed my budget just for the welding.

explorer: Which would you recommend for where?

oh, btw, i would stray away from the bottom port. it was a horrible in my van.
Tommyk told me the same thing... but I was wondering what exactly that meant...
I'm doing Daily/Bass Race... and my only other option is port on top, which is worse than port on bottom from what I hear.

interested in seeing more photos my self.

Ive built 5 walls in my time, so far, and I am shortly about to do 2 more, its always interesting to me to see other installs,

Dont be afraid to post more pics, keep em coming

interested in seeing more photos my self.
Ive built 5 walls in my time, so far, and I am shortly about to do 2 more, its always interesting to me to see other installs,

Dont be afraid to post more pics, keep em coming
Not many more pictures to be posted... I will be taking a TON of pictures of the rebuild.

Kenny

Someone help with the following questions:

1) Why should we not use a bottom port? I heard it was better than a top port, and it's the only thing we can really fit with our design. It's not an SPL setup per say, I'm not burping... I'm doing a kickass daily and Bass Race setup. If it's still really not recommended, do you have any ideas for a better front baffle design?

2) What is the desired use of 2x4s? I was thinking of assembling the box and stacking flat 2x4s all around the sides...screw/Titebond II each one into the one below it, and screw each one into the wall. Some of you recommended building the 2x4 from first, but I'm thinking it would be easier for me to lay the Birch and get that all done first. Sure, with 2x4s you have something to screw into when putting the Birch up... but if the 2x4s are an inch to the left and I can't fit the sheet of Birch there... I'd be screwed. Ah well, guess that's what measuring is for!

do a drivers side port, it will work great for daily and bassrace. i lost across the board with the bottom port, kick/dash/bassrace/headrest/drive-by.

if i build a bassracer next season, it will either be a bandpass or it will have a drivers side port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...