Wall Build - 4 18's - Dodge Ram

avs20
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Frisco, TX
I decided to go ahead and build a wall and add a 4th MJ-18. I started the build today and got quite a bit done.

First off I want to thank BrianChia for the plans. It wouldve taken me a year to do what he did in a couple days. The plans he sent me are absolutely amazing. He sent me 15 different pages of plans covering EVERY angle, and also sent me 2 cut sheets. Thanks again Brian.

Also, the 4 MJ's are temporary. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have my 4 18" BTL's running off 8k watts.

So here it is. Im mocking it up outside of the truck due to the angles etc. It's much easier to correct outside of the truck rather than inside! Let me know what you think! If I can remember(I always forget) Ill bring my actual camera into the garage and not my camera phone.

wouldnt 4 18s need ALOT of room to breathe enough air??? i think its a bit much for a truck... but hey its not mine, hope it turns out.

Hey, it looks great so far. Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like the design. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3dxu0.png

Brian, are the braces on the side and front necessary? It doesnt seem like they would do much honestly, that's why Im asking:)

Did I mention I hate angles? I hope I never have to build another box with angles like this in my life. Frustrating as hell.

Brian, are the braces on the side and front necessary? It doesnt seem like they would do much honestly, that's why Im asking:)
They are not completely necessary, but large unsupported or unbraced panels have a greater potential to flex and/or resonate. Especially with 8kW and 20mm+ of excursion.

Bracing like that splits the panels into smaller sections which reduces the possibility of any flexing or box losses.

They are not completely necessary, but large unsupported or unbraced panels have a greater potential to flex and/or resonate. Especially with 8kW and 20mm+ of excursion.
Bracing like that splits the panels into smaller sections which reduces the possibility of any flexing or box losses.
Yeah need bracing on the large panels . I would put some 2 x 3's on the outside if you have room

Yeah, I know you need to brace large panels, but that particular panel is only 30". I think I might brace it differently. Im not sure yet. I already have the pieces cut so I might just say to hell with it and do it that way:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.