vvx's louder in closed trunk then open ranger?

my friend put a pair of 10" vvx's in his extended cab ranger he has the same amp as me a mb quart onyx 1500 stock electrical and such we put the speakers in the trunk of my cougar and they sounded much louder in my car than in his. even my 12" kicker cvr is louder then they are and that doesn't seem right. can someone tell me what this could be??
People act like trunk builds are never as loud but most of the ones I've been involved with or heard have been extremely loud and imo sometimes louder than SUV's it's weird that it's louder than a TRUCK though as trucks are by far the easiest to get loud. It could be the tuning as curtain vehicles have different resonant frequencies that corrospond with the enclosure. My guess is your car is just better for that box/sub and maybe even for bass.

People will flame me for this statement but SUVS are NOT gauranteed louder than car trunks, people who believe this usually have trunk builds and make up excuses for not being loud imo.

Loud and db loud are two different things. The box is key if he is using a shitty box than that will explain it. Some boxes work better in different cars such as subs up port to the side in a truck. Voltage is also key. If he is running full tilt at 11.7 volts while you run at 13.7 there will be a significant power difference. Resonance frequencies from trunk cars to trucks will be totally different. Also when the waves bounce of the trunk they will amplify the bass. Is his truck deadened and is yours. What size power wire and speaker wire was used and was it cca or ofc? Ground location? Alt sizes? Battery size and age? Seats folded down? Do you like cocaine?

never had coccain... ganja man myself lol its a ****** prefab box so that will downplay it alot i know that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i fixed the blunt of the issue by putting in rest of the screws in the box lol face palm...

I still want to know what only has 4 screws? and do screw=dbzzzz and if so what do I put them in? tell me your secrets:rage:
oohhhhh man you havent heard yet??? jl made some special screws that give you a 5db sound increase per screw, i could only afford 4 though... im savin up to get a kicker bumber sticker i hear there supposed to gain you about 15 dee beez cant wait man

and also if you have a trunk and the back seats fold down it gets even louder lol
sadly my seats dont fold down..... i i think there is a model year close to mine where the seats fold down... if i can figure out how i might try gettin ahold of one of em and put em in there

There's lots of variables to consider, but the short answer is different vehicles load differently. You just have to find the box that works best for ya. The system I have in my mountaineer now was louder and sounded better in my mazda 6. It is true SUV's aren't always louder.

sadly my seats dont fold down..... i i think there is a model year close to mine where the seats fold down... if i can figure out how i might try gettin ahold of one of em and put em in there
my seats don't fold down either, pull up the front of the bottom half and take out the three bolts at the left&right&center of the bottom of the back half then go straight up with it and it comes right out I do it to mine all the time, and yea big difference and I have my rear deck ported under the stock speaker locations and it's still a BIG difference.

oohhhhh man you havent heard yet??? jl made some special screws that give you a 5db sound increase per screw, i could only afford 4 though... im savin up to get a kicker bumber sticker i hear there supposed to gain you about 15 dee beez cant wait man
The bastards at lowes lied to me they said the stainless coarse thread hex heads where the s h i t, heads will roll for this!

my seats don't fold down either, pull up the front of the bottom half and take out the three bolts at the left&right&center of the bottom of the back half then go straight up with it and it comes right out I do it to mine all the time, and yea big difference and I have my rear deck ported under the stock speaker locations and it's still a BIG difference.
I'm thinking about modifying my rear seat to fold down in the near future... or I'll do a blow through in the middle of the rear deck since there is a 10x10 square there already cut out, just need to figure out how to do it so I don't blow the cover completely off the rear deck

The bastards at lowes lied to me they said the stainless coarse thread hex heads where the s h i t, heads will roll for this!
they lied man every thing jl is the best nothin beats em!!! well maby except kicker....

thanks man! when i start competing ill get that **** done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.