Voltage not jumping back to 14 after load(Bass) is removed

Good chabce you a have a bad cell or b a short.Yes you can take tge battery out and play the radio at a moderate volume and see how fast voltage falls. Just single out each battery and test tgem watching voltage drop.. If it drops off fast and struggles to recover its more tgan likely bad
Everyone often says "you have a short". You know what the likelyhood really is that we all have short circuits when something is malfunctioning in our high powered car audio systems?? Not very!! Shorts are what FUSES are for!

John Kuthe..

I neglected to notice the OP said he's got two batteries. And yes if one has the time and proper equipment to load test each battery this is good advice. But the quick and easy albeit expensive fix is to replace both batteries with brand new warrantied ones. Image how much better one would feel with TWO brand new healthy batteries! Not a bad expenditure of dollars!
John Kuthe...
Load test are FREE at many auto stores like autozone and adavance auto... if u don't have time for free then yes john kuth retard and buy brand new batteries .

Load test are FREE at many auto stores like autozone and adavance auto... if u don't have time for free then yes john kuth retard and buy brand new batteries .
I don't play around with batteries trying to troubleshoot them. If they exhibit the signs of impending death, I replace them. Let the evil corporations recycle them for the lead content! Had to replace the one in Baby II as soon as I bought her, and the seller knocked $50 off the $1750 price last year when I bought her too, because the battery would not hold a charge. So now I have about a year old new battery and I love it!

John Kuthe...

Op take them and get them load tested

DO NOT try to run an amp with just one of those batteries

If you have a bad cell you could turn the amp on then it could drop to 9v and damage an amp

Everyone often says "you have a short". You know what the likelyhood really is that we all have short circuits when something is malfunctioning in our high powered car audio systems?? Not very!! Shorts are what FUSES are for!
John Kuthe..
Go read on fusing and come back..

Op take them and get them load testedDO NOT try to run an amp with just one of those batteries

If you have a bad cell you could turn the amp on then it could drop to 9v and damage an amp
Low voltage protection. And it doesn't have to go to 9.. Anything under 11 is low enought..

Low voltage protection. And it doesn't have to go to 9.. Anything under 11 is low enought..
Yep, that's kinda what I figured. And probably anything under what the particular circuit used would determine precisely the "low voltage" cutoff. Because as I've been driving around with the system on as it is, it has never cut off on me once, except after I had stopped the vehicle (parked) and I was fiddling around with stuff leaving the audio system running, and after a minute or so it DID cut off on me. Info I will have to give Tim at Custom Sounds when I take Baby II in to get Tim play with it more. I'm probably running close to the need for a Big 3 upgrade on the vehicle's electrical system. Battery is relatively new but the alt is stone cold stock. Most likely barely adequate for a stock Grand Caravan electrical system especially because I haver the base model. Work truck grade.

Thanks!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.