Popping/Crackling

Participant count
  • Participant list

tommy234

Hey,

This is my first post. looking for some insight on how to troubleshoot some popping and crackling across all volume levels on all Brand new aftermarket speakers.

I've attached an image so you can see my system layout.

View attachment 26555771

popping/crackling started after installing aftermarket speakers without any amp. Figured it was a loose connection so i went ahead with a 4 channel amp install and remade all the connections.

Popping/crackling is still present. I've tried to isolate which speakers its coming from but it seems to be system wide.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also,

The Sub isn't popping and it gets it's signal from the two front door speakers. That tells me the signal from the HU is clean. The popping was also present before the amp install. So the speakers is where the problem may be coming from but how could all four have the same issue?

I have actually found the issue.

Apparently the source audio was causing the issue. which was my phone over bluetooth. The LG G4 logs info in the cache for each bluetooth session and does not clear it's cache automatically. As a result after clearing the cache the popping/crackling does not exist at any volume level anymore. Hopefully this info helps the next person who has the same strange issue.

I have actually found the issue.
Apparently the source audio was causing the issue. which was my phone over bluetooth. The LG G4 logs info in the cache for each bluetooth session and does not clear it's cache automatically. As a result after clearing the cache the popping/crackling does not exist at any volume level anymore. Hopefully this info helps the next person who has the same strange issue.
"Phones" are PITAs recently, with all this whiz bang cell phone technology junk! Anything wirelessly is susceptible to a lot of stinking NOISE! MY fave commercial I happen to see on someone else's TV was the one from the guy who used to say "Can you hear me now?" and in the ad he goes onto say "Well not anymore!" because that is the TRUTH! Now, NO phones are clear and distortion free anymore, they all s u c k because they are CELL PHONES!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.