Voltage issue

I used to have pretty much the same set up, 1500 watt amp, yellow top and a Kinetik 2400 and a 105 amp alt, but never had voltage issues like that. The voltage might drop that low while playing music and stay like that for less than 30 seconds after the music if turned off, but the Alt would recharge the batteries back to 13.9-14.1. You definitely need to do the Big 3, but you might also want to have your alt checked out too, but a real shop and not at some AutoZone or some auto parts chain store, they are clueless. Find a real alternator rebuild shop and have them dyno it for you.

If your resting voltage is in the 12s then I would have to say the alternator is not charging. Go to AutoZone and get it checked, its free...

The Autozone near me told me they can't tell if it's working to it's full potential or not. Their tester only says if it works at all or not. So if my 105 amp alt is on it's way out and only putting out a max of 50 amps instead of the full 105 that it's rated for their tester will still say it's working. Thats no help at all.

The Autozone near me told me they can't tell if it's working to it's full potential or not. Their tester only says if it works at all or not. So if my 105 amp alt is on it's way out and only putting out a max of 50 amps instead of the full 105 that it's rated for their tester will still say it's working. Thats no help at all.
For the 3rd time, all we're trying to determine if the alternator is working or not. Who cares how much it is putting out....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.