voltage drops

sorry for posting in your thread, but i didnt wanna start another one exactly like this one, right above this one.

Anyway im having a similar problem, it just started when i got back, after the car was sitting for 3 weeks. When i was driving my lights were dimming for maybe a 1/4 second, but noticible if you were looking for it. Thing is I didnt have this problem since ive had this setup. Anyway, I watched the voltage and it went from 14.4 to 13.9 on bass hits, then right back to 14.2 then to 13.4 then it would go to 14.4 for a while, then maybe 30-45 seconds later in the song it would dip again. Ive never had this problem before, thinking about takin both batteries for a charge, but wanted to see if any of you could help first. secondary battery is a yellowtop.

thanks

Peace

C

i had them in there just mainly so i would know how bad my volts were dropping it used to help in my monte carlo but in this car with both these amps it acts exact opposite anyways

its funny cuz i know they really dont serve a purpose but i just had them so i threw them in anyways and btw i know it doesnt put out 200 amps at idle but it doesnt seem to matter with my car cuz it drops the same even if im on the highway literally from day one with my new alt its been the same

dropping to 10 and now i got a 9 volt reading today but with a bass test song

If the caps read 10 volts with nothing else running then either you have a really bad connection or wire somewhere or the digital meter is lying to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.