voltage dropping!

joep1231026
10+ year member

CA
200 amp alternator, 2 stock batteries, one Soundquest SQB2000 battery, all 1/0 knukonceptz ofc wiring (except big 3), and lights still dim on the beat.

sundown SAZ 3000-D with a solo x 12 in 5.5 cubes ported at 39hz.

planning to do big 3 this weekend.

any other advice is greatly appreciated.

200 amp alternator, 2 stock batteries, one Soundquest SQB2000 battery, all 1/0 knukonceptz ofc wiring (except big 3), and lights still dim on the beat.
sundown SAZ 3000-D with a solo x 12 in 5.5 cubes ported at 39hz.

planning to do big 3 this weekend.

any other advice is greatly appreciated.
cap bank.. its called voltage sag dollar..

completed big 3 yesterday (actually more like big 5 cause there are 2 batteries under the hood - alternator to battery, battery to battery, each battery to chassis, and engine block to chassis) with knukonceptz 1/0 OFC... definitely helped but i can still see a change in brightness of my headlights when the bass hits.

now - another battery (and if so what’s the best bang for buck), or a capacitor or two?

What is the voltage dropping to? I would add another battery, that soundquest looks to be a cheap battery and its only 33ah. What ohm load is the sub wired to?
don’t know how far the voltage drops - my DMM isn’t fast enough... how would you rec mend testing this?

dual 2 ohms in parallel = 1 ohm equivalent

any voltage drop will results in your lights dimming. put a cap on your lights if you don't want them to do said monstrosities. or put a cap bank between your battery and distribution box..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.