Help. Lol

Gdrake1996

Well ive ran into a problem, i have 2 rockford fosgate p3s in custom box below a jlw7 13 inch in a custom box ( both 1 ohm). And my amp finally **** on me. I had a crackhead deal amp that was a 2000w pushing both pf them relatively fine until it started shorting out and getting hotter than hell. I was wondering what would be the best possible amp or amps that would push both of them. I currently have a kenwood kdcbt318u head unit and a blue wave 5 farad cap with a 3000+watt wiring kit. If anyone could give me an idea on the best possible amps to use id appreciate it. Thanks!

Well ive ran into a problem, i have 2 rockford fosgate p3s in custom box below a jlw7 13 inch in a custom box ( both 1 ohm). And my amp finally **** on me. I had a crackhead deal amp that was a 2000w pushing both pf them relatively fine until it started shorting out and getting hotter than hell. I was wondering what would be the best possible amp or amps that would push both of them. I currently have a kenwood kdcbt318u head unit and a blue wave 5 farad cap with a 3000+watt wiring kit. If anyone could give me an idea on the best possible amps to use id appreciate it. Thanks!

Nice!... JK... and you were at 1/2 ohm or 2 ohm?.. what amp did you smoke?.. I'd love to see your setup... got any pics?

U had your ohm load all wrong. Arnt JL like d3ohm and the Rockford’s like d4. You blew your amp because you have no idea what your doing. We all start somewhere. U need some major help getting on the right track.

Some simple rules.

Run the same size and model and Ohm subwoofers.

Learn ohms law and how to use it or you will blow up every amp you buy

Good catch.... that JL is 3 ohm... so how was it wired?.. I'm curious to see your "custom" enclosures... that sounds like you are really just starting out.... mixing sub sizes/makes in the same install... you'll get lots of good advice here... got any pics?

It is most definitely is not tge cleanest set up. But its the best i could do for 700 dollars. And honestly. If i could get away with throwing one of these in my jetta (preferably the jL) then what amps should i run on either speakers seprately?

Here they be
If you insert the "direct link url" into the "insert image" button above when you type text... you'll get this result... lol

n1R2oS2.jpg

Here they be
I was wondering where the "custom box" for the Rockfords is?.. is that a sealed box that the JL is in?.. what are your goals for your setup... either sub setup should be fine alone so you should be able to hook up your other vehicle... please list ALL your equipment currently installed including the deck... that amp is garbage btw... but you smoked it anyways... any more pics of the "other" box?

It should be against the law to hook a W7 up to a Planet Audio amp....
It's funny... I've seen the same type of setup on Phx C/L many times... a "5000 watt Planet Audio" on a 13W7... they ALWAYS want $1000 for it... lol

It's not really a "custom" box, but its the box that's made specifically made for the 2 rockford P3's from rockford. And right now i have a power line rated for 3000+ watts that i had made for my truck at my local audio shop in winchester, it has a 200amp fuse back to the 5000k series capacitor that im using. The amp and capacitor came together and like i said, it was kinda a crackhead deal. Guy told me 50 bucks for both amp and cap so i got them, hooked them up and used them for roughly 9 months. I bought the jl from a co-worker and he said the box for it is a labyrinth style box. I haven't had the speaker out of it to see for sure, but yes, it is ported. I honestly would like to keep both of them in my truck. And i dont mind spending the cash to make my set up work. But its like where in the hell do i begin? Should i run 2 amps on 2 sperate power feeds? Do i run a distribution block off my one line? I don't mind spending money but i don't wanna waste it on a set up that doesnt last.

It's not really a "custom" box, but its the box that's made specifically made for the 2 rockford P3's from rockford. And right now i have a power line rated for 3000+ watts that i had made for my truck at my local audio shop in winchester, it has a 200amp fuse back to the 5000k series capacitor that im using. The amp and capacitor came together and like i said, it was kinda a crackhead deal. Guy told me 50 bucks for both amp and cap so i got them, hooked them up and used them for roughly 9 months. I bought the jl from a co-worker and he said the box for it is a labyrinth style box. I haven't had the speaker out of it to see for sure, but yes, it is ported. I honestly would like to keep both of them in my truck. And i dont mind spending the cash to make my set up work. But its like where in the hell do i begin? Should i run 2 amps on 2 sperate power feeds? Do i run a distribution block off my one line? I don't mind spending money but i don't wanna waste it on a set up that doesnt last.
I'm just trying to clarify... what gauge and type of wire do you have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.