Which to choose?????

Name'sDEEZ

CarAudio.com Regular
Earth
Guys i need help choosing wich one would be ghe best buy from these or if theres anything better. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808-214646_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-214646_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230808-214609_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-214609_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20230808-214502_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-214502_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20230808-214426_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-214426_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230808-214350_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-214350_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 13
Guys i need help choosing wich one would be ghe best buy from these or if theres anything better. Thanks in advance.
Okay, the $150-$200 market, there are MANY options. My personal go to in that range is the NVX VCW122v3 (or VCW124v3 Dual 4ohm) 2400W Peak (1200W RMS) 12" VC-Series v3 Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer at $214.99. I like American BASS but at the lower end of the scale, NVX has them beat there IMHO, hands down. The NVX VSW124v2 1200 Watts 600 RMS 12" Inch Dual 4-ohm Subwoofer is under $100and it’s a sold performer. The $159.99 AB does have a stitched cone but unless you’re going to pound the heck out of it, not thinking that is worth $70 more. You could get two of the NVXs for around $179 at Sonic Electronics plus tax to Central Ca. Here is a vid from Parker The Bass Head on YT.

I put three of these in my grandsons Honda fit, powered by a pioneer GM-D9601 (about 11000 watts) at 1.33 ohms and it flat out bends the glass!

Should have asked. What is the system you are going to use it in? 1 or 2, sealed, ported, what is the goal, what is the budget.

For a Solid subwoofer, and I have ran quite a few of the A. Bass subs.. I will say that for the $ I would get the Hawk series @ the $229 price point and its going to be a really great sub that should last . My Second choice would be the XFL, of which Ive ran and do run in 10s and 12s New ribbed cone series and older version flat stitched series.They seem to take and handle a bit more power than the Elite series of which is a very reliable sub as well, more so towards a cleaner hitting sub.XR series are a really nice clean sounding sub that will get a little nasty when you want but really does well in the upper Htz range and not so good for long periods of the lower spectrum from my experiencing(12s).That last pic of the XFL 15... Im not sure that version is made any longer. Most XFLs are now the Ribbed cone.I can say that every A.Bass Sub I have ran and own has never seized up or blown fro the XO Series up to the XFLs. I would throw in the mix to place on the list to consider CT Sounds Strato

241.75 shipped, 5 year warranty, 27mm xmax and pretty hefty at 36lbs.

I'm a fan of most all the Dayton drivers. I’ve used them extensively in HT builds. In the process of an infrasonic sub, 12 cu ft, Dayton 18” Ultimax, tuned to 17Hz. Little DSP to flatten it a bit and should be able to bend the glass in the condo!

I'm a fan of most all the Dayton drivers. I’ve used them extensively in HT builds. In the process of an infrasonic sub, 12 cu ft, Dayton 18” Ultimax, tuned to 17Hz. Little DSP to flatten it a bit and should be able to bend the glass in the condo!

Me too, It took me years to actually try them and so far everything I gave a shot has worked great.
That 18" will get nasty!

Okay, the $150-$200 market, there are MANY options. My personal go to in that range is the NVX VCW122v3 (or VCW124v3 Dual 4ohm) 2400W Peak (1200W RMS) 12" VC-Series v3 Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer at $214.99. I like American BASS but at the lower end of the scale, NVX has them beat there IMHO, hands down. The NVX VSW124v2 1200 Watts 600 RMS 12" Inch Dual 4-ohm Subwoofer is under $100and it’s a sold performer. The $159.99 AB does have a stitched cone but unless you’re going to pound the heck out of it, not thinking that is worth $70 more. You could get two of the NVXs for around $179 at Sonic Electronics plus tax to Central Ca. Here is a vid from Parker The Bass Head on YT.

I put three of these in my grandsons Honda fit, powered by a pioneer GM-D9601 (about 11000 watts) at 1.33 ohms and it flat out bends the glass!

Should have asked. What is the system you are going to use it in? 1 or 2, sealed, ported, what is the goal, what is the budget.

Its a build for a buddy currently he has a skar in it that handles i believe 800rms.because the RF punch that handled 400rms blew a coil on him. So if the AB can take a beating than that sounds right for him hes looking to have as a back up incase it blows again. Im trying to keep that from happening. As for the final set up it would just be a single 15 in the trunk of a 04 jetta.

For a Solid subwoofer, and I have ran quite a few of the A. Bass subs.. I will say that for the $ I would get the Hawk series @ the $229 price point and its going to be a really great sub that should last . My Second choice would be the XFL, of which Ive ran and do run in 10s and 12s New ribbed cone series and older version flat stitched series.They seem to take and handle a bit more power than the Elite series of which is a very reliable sub as well, more so towards a cleaner hitting sub.XR series are a really nice clean sounding sub that will get a little nasty when you want but really does well in the upper Htz range and not so good for long periods of the lower spectrum from my experiencing(12s).That last pic of the XFL 15... Im not sure that version is made any longer. Most XFLs are now the Ribbed cone.I can say that every A.Bass Sub I have ran and own has never seized up or blown fro the XO Series up to the XFLs. I would throw in the mix to place on the list to consider CT Sounds Strato

Thank you for the input i have seen those ct sounds ones and theyve caught my eye. But i was previously recommended AB subs here on the forum. So i figured i go and hopefully find a sub that can handle my bros music blasting. My next question would be what kind of amp would go perfect for a single 15?

Sounds like a new sub and brand to go look at as well thank you for this man 👌👌

Thank you for the input i have seen those ct sounds ones and theyve caught my eye. But i was previously recommended AB subs here on the forum. So i figured i go and hopefully find a sub that can handle my bros music blasting. My next question would be what kind of amp would go perfect for a single 15?
I would get the DVC2 ohm sub and snagg this amp up or look at a Taramps 3k 1 ohm amp for the $to run that sub @1ohm final load. if you get the DVC4 ohm sub.. I would get the taramps 3k 2ohm version amp. The Smart taramps 3k will run 1&2ohm . The Smart 3k Class D 0.50-2 ohm amp would be ideal .Check out the Dynos on the CT sounds 3200

Amazon product ASIN B084D4SDW2
Amazon product ASIN B0BZJXRNXY

I would get the DVC2 ohm sub and snagg this amp up or look at a Taramps 3k 1 ohm amp for the $to run that sub @1ohm final load. if you get the DVC4 ohm sub.. I would get the taramps 3k 2ohm version amp. The Smart taramps 3k will run 1&2ohm . The Smart 3k Class D 0.50-2 ohm amp would be ideal .Check out the Dynos on the CT sounds 3200

You will need the electrical to supply for the demand. 1/0ga-0ga supply and grounds and battery bank, and or HO alt and I recommend the Big3.

Speaking of taramps ive seen alot of install with them are they really pushing those ratings at those prices???

Taramps is legit, Make the power they claim and are damn cheap. They do not have a bass knob included I believe but one can be purchased for a little $.
I hear the adjustment knobs on amp (gain, low pass) are a little cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...