Van - how to set up wireless speakers for Media Center PC

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sternfan2014

PA
Hi all,

I hope I've come to the right place for some advice.

I have a van that I would like to redo the video for. It came with a tube TV and a VCR. I am replacing the TV with a LCD monitor, and the VCR with a small PC running Windows 7 Media Center. This way I don't have to have a van full of DVDs - I can load up the Media Center with whatever I want.

The issues are the headphones. I do not want the video sound going through the van speakers - I want them on headphones. Probably four or five sets of headphones.

Which is my Q - what headphones do I get? I assume I am going to need a transmitter - will I need one transmitter per headphone? Or will just one transmitter work?

I assume IR won't work due to the line of sight - the third row will be a problem. I heard bluetooth isn't so great for this type of setup - stereo ***** and range issues.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated,

Rob

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I thought IR was "line of sight" - or am I wrong? Will people in the third row have problems? Or can I run the IR into the roof?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.