Upgrade 05 Mustang

Participant count
  • Participant list

rickdog67

Been trolling for a bit so I figured I'd post. I have dabbled in car audio for years, even doing a couple local competitions back in the day. Haven't done much in a few years but I'm getting the upgrade itch. I currently own an 05 GT that I'm thinking about building an enclosure for. It currently has an older JVC head unit (07 model) but has a fair amount of EQ control and pre outs. I'm wired with 4 awg and have a Bazooka EL1500 on a pair of Audiobahn AW102T's in a small ported box I built for my old 98 'Stang. I listen to everything musically, but probably looking more on the SQ side with an a slight emphasis on lower notes. I am in the process of Craiglisting several old subs (4 Audiobahns and 4 PYRAMIDs haha....least they're the US model) and enclosures that I just don't need anymore. I was running 4 AW102t 10's with 2 EL1500's with 0 awg and 2 1 farad caps in a 95 Neon around 2003/04. I was in the low 140s. I was initially leaning towards a single 15 ported but not sure if I have the space. I probably can get 2.5 ft^3, maybe 3 if I'm super careful. I feel like it may end up a single 12" or 2 10" woofers. The SN97 Mustang has a nice floor angle that makes an enclosure that much more fun to build. I have not seen anyone that has a single 15" setup in this bodystyle. I have seen the SA and DC brands praised. I have always been a fan of proving that you don't have to spend a lot to sound good. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these trunks and enclosures and any recommendations for layout and equipment. No concrete budget in mind but I don't see myself dropping much more than 150$ for a subwoofer. The PPI A.15 is going for dirt cheap , but it's probably get what you pay for. I did run across B stock SA as well. I may or may not keep the EL1500 for now, it does 500 watts RMS on 2 ohms. Not planning on an extra battery, although I will probably do another cap. Thanks for looking.

Probably going to upgrade the amplifier to double the wattage. Looking for a lower response, so I'm thinking 2 10" ported would work. E10's may fit the bill, barely with the space. HDS210 as well, but I haven't worked the numbers with a net of approx 1 cu ft per sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.