Upgrading my budget system [Help Wanted] 6/29/2016

Lol I have absolutely no clue! But I'll probably stick with the 6.5" Un speaker since I'd technically be saving money by returning that setup and then I can actually use the kenwood tweeters. If you say it's as loud is it will be then I'll trust you and go with that. Do you think If I was to do a single 12" such as the one you suggested ( Dayton Audio RSS315HO-4 12) that It sound good in a truck like that (I have no doubts it will be loud). I'll see If I cant get dimensions. How big of a box is needed for that sub?
all will depend on the truck, might need a different setup depending on the space.

all will depend on the truck, might need a different setup depending on the space.
Alrighty, I'll hold out on that but I will see If I can't get those jbl comps in a box and return them. Then order those 6.5" speakers.

and get the 4ohm version right?

Alrighty, I'll hold out on that but I will see If I can't get those jbl comps in a box and return them. Then order those 6.5" speakers.
and get the 4ohm version right?
yes. 4 ohm

To be honest man i was gonna snag them up myself but i guess I'll show you it. 95 shipped for two, not too shabby.

Crescendo UN 6.5" 4-ohm x2 - Car Audio Classifieds

lsMZr7.jpg

yes. 4 ohm
To be honest man i was gonna snag them up myself but i guess I'll show you it. 95 shipped for two, not too shabby.

Crescendo UN 6.5" 4-ohm x2 - Car Audio Classifieds

lsMZr7.jpg
Oh nice!~ I think I've kind of changed my mind on the plans I've got. I'll stick to returning the components and getting the crescendo un- 6.5s but, I think I'm just going to completely save until I get my truck and then I'll buy a new amp and sub, as well as tweeters especially based on the truck I have. I'll just be happy with the kenwood tweets, and the Un-6.5 on the 4 channel amp. Running a more powerful speaker on that 4 channel alpine won't harm the speakers or the amp will it? If not I'll just run the tweets and Un 6.5 through the 4 chan and the rears through HU.

Oh nice!~ I think I've kind of changed my mind on the plans I've got. I'll stick to returning the components and getting the crescendo un- 6.5s but, I think I'm just going to completely save until I get my truck and then I'll buy a new amp and sub, as well as tweeters especially based on the truck I have. I'll just be happy with the kenwood tweets, and the Un-6.5 on the 4 channel amp. Running a more powerful speaker on that 4 channel alpine won't harm the speakers or the amp will it? If not I'll just run the tweets and Un 6.5 through the 4 chan and the rears through HU.

your plans are perfectly fine.

Sweet! Although **** these kenwood tweeters aren't very nice and their quiet RMS rating at 35-40... Isn't that super low? even for tweeters...
eh it is what it is, should still be better than no tweeter, you can cross them very high so they can handle quite a bit more power than 35-40. Because the crescendo UNs can play up to 8500hz which takes a lot of stress off the tweets. I'd start the crossover point at 5khz for each.

eh it is what it is, should still be better than no tweeter, you can cross them very high so they can handle quite a bit more power than 35-40. Because the crescendo UNs can play up to 8500hz which takes a lot of stress off the tweets. I'd start the crossover point at 5khz for each.
Yeah, I'm excited to go active and get the more advanced options but I'm nervous for setting the crossover points... Oh and on my alpine 4 channel there is a button to turn crossovers off? on the amp.

turns out I'm just gonna wait till I buy my new car until I buy those speakers, and My dad wants my JBL's once I get my new car so It works out anyways. but until then I'm gonna buy that

NVX JAD800.4, Are you sure it would work great with my current JBL's and then be great for the Crescendo Un 6.5 and tweeters later..? Won't blow my speakers will it? and it will be perfect for the Crescendo later right?

Also what's a solid sub amp you would recommend for a single Dayton Audio RSS315HO-4 12? and is the NVX VCW124 12" sub worth checking out?

Last edited by a moderator:
the uns sound fine full range, just as good as any mid level coaxials on the market.
JC, just dont be cranking the gain and volume knob too crazy on the JBLs.
Ok

turns out I'm just gonna wait till I buy my new car until I buy those speakers, and My dad wants my JBL's once I get my new car so It works out anyways. but until then I'm gonna buy that

NVX JAD800.4, Are you sure it would work great with my current JBL's and then be great for the Crescendo Un 6.5 and tweeters later..? Won't blow my speakers will it? and it will be perfect for the Crescendo later right?

Also what's a solid sub amp you would recommend for a single Dayton Audio RSS315HO-4 12? and is the NVX VCW124 12" sub worth checking out?

Ok

just do your own research, list out a bunch of amps that catch your eye with the price to match and we'll do a process of elimination. There's PLENTY of amps that will do what you ask of.

just do your own research, list out a bunch of amps that catch your eye with the price to match and we'll do a process of elimination. There's PLENTY of amps that will do what you ask of.
Alright thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.