Upgrading my budget system [Help Wanted] 6/29/2016

pretty straight forward.
So... It's arrived and it's installation time, and I've already got a few questions.

So I'm going active and taking out the passive crossovers, so I'm just down to 8 wires tweets and mids. My question is do I put the tweets both on the "front" hookup on the amp and the mids on just the "Rear" hookup for example or do I put the right side on the front and left side on the left? I'm assuming tweeters on one so then I can turn the gain down and cross them over at different points? Also im crossing over everything through the HU right? But will the amp still need to be adjusted? Or can I leave the crossovers at any point and the HU will take over?

It's been a while since I researched going active and Ive forgotten quite a bit. Do you think you could give me a basic run through of what to do in order of when to do it?

Also is adding a bass gain knob bad? I've been reading up on how to properly set the gain and people are really hating on them. Also how would you suggest I install it?

Last edited by a moderator:
So... It's arrived and it's installation time, and I've already got a few questions.So I'm going active and taking out the passive crossovers, so I'm just down to 8 wires tweets and mids. My question is do I put the tweets both on the "front" hookup on the amp and the mids on just the "Rear" hookup for example or do I put the right side on the front and left side on the left? I'm assuming tweeters on one so then I can turn the gain down and cross them over at different points? Also im crossing over everything through the HU right? But will the amp still need to be adjusted? Or can I leave the crossovers at any point and the HU will take over?

It's been a while since I researched going active and Ive forgotten quite a bit. Do you think you could give me a basic run through of what to do in order of when to do it?

Also is adding a bass gain knob bad? I've been reading up on how to properly set the gain and people are really hating on them. Also how would you suggest I install it?
tweets on channel 1 and 2, mids on 3 and 4. Set the amp to fullrange or full pass on its crossover places and use the head unit crossovers.

I wouldnt bother with the bass knob, just get used to using your volume knob and the sub level adjustment on the head unit.

tweets on channel 1 and 2, mids on 3 and 4. Set the amp to fullrange or full pass on its crossover places and use the head unit crossovers.
I wouldnt bother with the bass knob, just get used to using your volume knob and the sub level adjustment on the head unit.
Once I get the amp hooked up correctly how would I go about setting the HU crossovers?

Also i already bought the bass knob and I want to install it but if it's not good it was only $7.

Also how do I set the gain on the amp? I don't see anything for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.