Galaxy S7 straight to DSP (no HU)

Roland
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Atlanta
So i'm not sure yet what i want to do for a HU in my latest van.

So for now i just want to go straight from my phone to my JBL MS-8. I want the best quality connection possible.

Not sure whats the best way to do this, and not sure what i need. It would be nice to have a volume control knob also.

Oh yeah, i use Google play for my music.

Thanks for any help

you can use a 3.5mm to rca jack to aux in on ms8. but I would get an audio control four1, and go into that, then out to the ms8. and that basically is your line driver volume. ms8 is 2v max rca input and 2v max our per output. I doubt the galaxy is 1v

So i'm not sure yet what i want to do for a HU in my latest van.
So for now i just want to go straight from my phone to my JBL MS-8. I want the best quality connection possible.

Not sure whats the best way to do this, and not sure what i need. It would be nice to have a volume control knob also.

Oh yeah, i use Google play for my music.

Thanks for any help

you can use a 3.5mm to rca jack to aux in on ms8. but I would get an audio control four1, and go into that, then out to the ms8. and that basically is your line driver volume. ms8 is 2v max rca input and 2v max our per output. I doubt the galaxy is 1v
Good idea Thanks,

That Four.1i looks a little pricey, I might try the NVX (or Clarion) first to see how it does.

any cheap line driver would work but id imagine any dsp could handle that signal and amplify it to 2v rms without an issue. the gain would just need to be high depending on the input sensitivity (look it up for the dsp) so having an oscope to check the signal would be nice. pretty sure some have spdif input and there may be a way to get an optical signal out of your phone which most dsps will also accept.

If I'm not mistaken, a usb DAC (you could add steering wheel controls also with an otg hub) would be ideal here.... you could do everything including charge through one cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.