Underseat sub vs INSEAT vs trunk subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
(Edit)

I will just take the 10inch kicker out of the truck temperarily to see how it sound in the trunk of my car. If it sounds good, kicks accurate and loud when i want it to, then i will buy a seperate pair to fit the civic. Please post if you have further input

---------------------

Greetings all,

Im sure theres been many posts on similiar questions but ive been all over google and have found limited responses that were either biased, lack of evidence to support theorys, or lack of experience and people just guessing based off what else they have read online.

I listen to mostly metal so my speaker setup must be tuned for this primarly. I get the whole ported vs sealed sub concept. I also get the whole size of sub which makes it easier to tune for more kick, accuracy loudness etc thing. What i need to figure out is how to either tune my duel 12" inch subs for a direct kick feel. Or perhaps look at a smaller sub that fits under the seat or hell, IN my seat with some custom fab work. The issue isnt room, i need to feel the base directly through the seat.

What I like: i have another setup in my truck with an 150wrms 10" kicker directly behind my seat(reg cab) and that sub is all i ever need. I have it and my jbls 963 speakers tuned perfectly. Its all i could ever want. Now how the hell do i get this setup in my 02 civic coupe. I have three times the amount put into this system then my truck but without feeling the base its all pretty much a waste.

I will say that those old duels i pulled out of the shed pump alot of base out, alot! My 1000.5 iq kicker amp probably isnt even putting 500w down to the sub yet and its still to much base to handle. But its sloppy and isnt accurate. I could go buy duel 2 10" subs and put them in the back but my concern is they are so far away from my seat. The vibrations are tainted by the time they reach me. Im just concerned about spending more money because the car audio place recommended against underthe seat subs and i really want to try them. But how?!? Where can i go to do a test run of under the seat subs!!? Who hear loves metal and knows what im talking about/wants.

Sorry if my post is wordy, i like to give all details to get my point across and help the person answering have all the details to andwer accurately

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd look more towards getting the front stage hitting the mid-bass stronger 1st. Makes a bigger impact IMHO , especially with metal.
I will certainly look into contuining to tune the front focals, however in my experience it takes some time for speakers to break in. During the break in period the sound seems to change(for the better) so it may be difficult to properly tune them before broken in, that is another thing people seem to overlook when discussing things online. But maybe its not as big of a deal as i am making it? I will definately have patience when tuning those 800$ focal beauties but my patience for heavy hitting and accuate direct feel base is running thin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.