Type Rs having more SPL than SA 12s?

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
so i now realized that the gains i had set for my type Rs was way too high, and i set the sundowns with a DMM .so now im trying to add some SPL to these and am wondering what you guys would recommend while keeping my subs in Tip top shape, maybe add the DB boost on the HU? maybe add a bit more to the amp? On the bright side these subs hit so many notes those type Rs didnt its amazing:)

so i now realized that the gains i had set for my type Rs was way too high, and i set the sundowns with a DMM .so now im trying to add some SPL to these and am wondering what you guys would recommend while keeping my subs in Tip top shape, maybe add the DB boost on the HU? maybe add a bit more to the amp? On the bright side these subs hit so many notes those type Rs didnt its amazing:)
Volume up as high as possible, sub level max, then set the gain again. USE a -5 db test tone. You listen to edm and dubstep, they dont have high bass recording levels so whatever test tone you used is most likely inadequate for your music library and you are waay undergained.

Volume up as high as possible, sub level max, then set the gain again. USE a -5 db test tone. You listen to edm and dubstep, they dont have high bass recording levels so whatever test tone you used is most likely inadequate for your music library and you are waay undergained.
i did do a 50 Hz test tone..... i slighlty turned my gain up, no boosts, and its getting there and the subs seem to handle it fine, only slightly though, and my headlights dont dim anymore

i did do a 50 Hz test tone..... i slighlty turned my gain up, no boosts, and its getting there and the subs seem to handle it fine, only slightly though, and my headlights dont dim anymore
you used a 50hz 0 db test tone

I'm telling you to use a 50 hz -5 db test tone

leave annotations on. Here's a longer explanation.

you used a 50hz 0 db test tone
I'm telling you to use a 50 hz -5 db test tone

leave annotations on. Here's a longer explanation.

hey man i watched that, and im gunna try it in the morning, however, id like to know what test tone at what DB you personally think i should try so i have a reference point in mind as i do this

hey man i watched that, and im gunna try it in the morning, however, id like to know what test tone at what DB you personally think i should try so i have a reference point in mind as i do this
if you can, put your song list of your hardest hitting bass songs on audacity and check the bass DB levels and create a test tone at the appropriate DB level based on that. The video was a tutorial on showing you how to do all that btw.

if you can, put your song list of your hardest hitting bass songs on audacity and check the bass DB levels and create a test tone at the appropriate DB level based on that. The video was a tutorial on showing you how to do all that btw.
yeah i watched it ahha! then was distracted because i didnt know you had vids up on youtube. i was just wondering if the 50hz at -5db was kinda from experience or just off the top of the head

yeah i watched it ahha! then was distracted because i didnt know you had vids up on youtube. i was just wondering if the 50hz at -5db was kinda from experience or just off the top of the head
From experience, I have a big edm and dubstep library and they generally fall within those levels. Bass enhanced music like Decaf will require 0 db test tones. Even if you tune with a -5 db test tone, you can still play Decaf as long as you lower the sub level to match accordingly. DB recording levels directly affect the pre-out voltage signal thats going from the head unit to the amp.

From experience, I have a big edm and dubstep library and they generally fall within those levels. Bass enhanced music like Decaf will require 0 db test tones. Even if you tune with a -5 db test tone, you can still play Decaf as long as you lower the sub level to match accordingly. DB recording levels directly affect the pre-out voltage signal thats going from the head unit to the amp.
i swear dude you and stang are always the ones to toss so much information at me i didnt know! in the last week you both have helped make my system sound like a whole different one, i have tomorrow off and will probably spend it doing this and adding glue to my screws to fix the squeak. I dont hear it when i drive but that doesnt mean its not there, i know that fuckers there

thats exactly why i love SQ/DD clipping knobs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.