Installed new subs, small squeak

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
Installed my new SA 12s, and they are nice, however i noticed that when i turn my HU to around 28 (usually i would around 32) there was this squeak coming from the box or subs. I unscrewed my subs and made new holes for them since 3 or them didnt before, and it helped a little, but one screw always viberates loose. Im wondering if something else might be causeing this, maybe that its just a new sub or something? i turned the gain down and that didnt help, and as soon as i turn it to say 27, its fine. ANy guidance?

all new holes pre drilled with a drop of glue in each hole to harden the wood will help, sounds like the mdf is just crumbling apart. sometimes low quality mdf will do this, or if it gets wet, or just due to wear

all new holes pre drilled with a drop of glue in each hole to harden the wood will help, sounds like the mdf is just crumbling apart. sometimes low quality mdf will do this, or if it gets wet, or just due to wear
its a fairly new box, not even a year old, and its plywood birch, not MDF, im just afraid to crank it higher if its doing this hahahaha

its a fairly new box, not even a year old, and its plywood birch, not MDF, im just afraid to crank it higher if its doing this hahahaha
if its stripping that easy you need to use less torque, the screws just need to be snug not over torqued. ive never had problems to that extent so im not sure, especially in birch.

if its stripping that easy you need to use less torque, the screws just need to be snug not over torqued. ive never had problems to that extent so im not sure, especially in birch.
so for some reason some songs i can turn up to 32 and it wont do it, im wondering if it just didnt need to have some power sent through it to open it all up

so for some reason some songs i can turn up to 32 and it wont do it, im wondering if it just didnt need to have some power sent through it to open it all up
are you sure the noise is coming from the sub box due to a stripped screw? stang builds some robust boxes but no one is perfect. try running a frequency sweet from 30hz-50hz then when you hear the squeak play that single frequency and determine where the noise is coming from

are you sure the noise is coming from the sub box due to a stripped screw? stang builds some robust boxes but no one is perfect. try running a frequency sweet from 30hz-50hz then when you hear the squeak play that single frequency and determine where the noise is coming from
not a bad idea, and no im not ure if thats the cause, it just seemed to be at first, its hard to pinpoint with bass blaring in my ear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.