Type R vs E Series..

Sailor Dog
10+ year member

Iowa
Hi all. I've got a buddy who is looking to add a bit of bump to his car, and he's looking to spend about $600 (minus the head unit). We're looking for a pair of 12s as that's what I think is going to work best for his car. We've been doing some looking, and I saw the newer Type Rs are about $150, but he was also curious about Sundown's 'E' series subs. They're a little over $100 each, and I know the things are durable.

Given that he provides proper power (or probably a bit over for the E), which subwoofer would provide better output for a 'budget' setup?

So he has $600 for Sub(s), amp, and enclosure only right? I'm no pro but I can tell you right now it would help people help you if you can tell us what type of vehicle and how much room he has to work with. For $600 he can certainly find a decent setup if your only talking subs, amp for subs and box.

A good subwoofer option would probably be the Threatcon 2 12" It's $99 on pre order right now. Just do a search and you should find the review pro rabbit did. Lot's of people like that sub and it's one i'm considering myself. A pair of them with a sq 1200 would run you $470 and leave him with the left over money towards a box.

Threatcon 2 12"

C2 Audio 12" Threatcon-2

SQ 1200D

https://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

Honestly, you might not be able to tell a difference by ear in output of the two set ups; the E's are durable, and since they're cheaper, roll with them.

A good subwoofer option would probably be the Threatcon 2 12" It's $99 on pre order right now. Just do a search and you should find the review pro rabbit did. Lot's of people like that sub and it's one i'm considering myself. A pair of them with a sq 1200 would run you $470 and leave him with the left over money towards a box.
Threatcon 2 12"

C2 Audio 12" Threatcon-2

SQ 1200D

https://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html
I agree on the sub,the C2 is beefier than the e series or type R, if the amp is too much money, look at the shark audio for $103 in ebay most likley u can get 1500w out of them

Threatcon-2-12-1.jpg

If I had to choose between Sunny E's or the R's i'd go with the R's. I think it's a pretty obvious which one is better. Now if it were the sa's it would be a coin flip.

But as a couple people have already mentioned, i'd go with the c2's if he's patient. For the same price as the E's it's a no brainer.

I would wait for the C2 Audios. I just did a single e15 and just ordered the Threatcon 2 15 to replace it. I just need something with higher power handling. So if he can wait, get the C2's since they are on special. or the Type r's.

Hey everybody i think the thread starter asked which is better, Alpine type R or a Sundown E not C2's smdh. If your asking about the black cone type R yes it will murder a Sundown E any day of the week that's a promise and as for the C2's go yes i guess they would be better than both but i have friends who would for surely fight against that assumption due to the design on the type R that's proven and a "woman" in are stock trunk class doing a 143 with one type r the older model on 3k burps, and half of these guys on the threads have not even seen a C2 in person or touched one to lead you in that direction. TYPE R WOULD BE MY SUGGESTION!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.