Type R build. Pics. vids soon.

Parker22
10+ year member

IL
Hey for the last week I have been workin on and off on my box for my type R. I got it installed today and am really taking it easy on the sub. After a few more hours of use Ill wang it hard. Its loud.. VERY loud. I wont have the system for too long just wanted to see what the type R hype is and I would say they are DEFFINETLY worth the money and sound good. Im pretty sure i am easily hitting over 140. I have hit 137 (new TL) with my 10" w7 and this is alot louder... 140 easily. The t5001bd is giving it just shy of 1000watts. My box is 4 cubes after displacement tuned to about 30hz it KILLS low lows. However It misses out on alot of the high stuff that my W7 hit real good. Ill have vids in a few days once I feel I can wang it real hard. Here's the pics. Keep in mind this is my first box ever built and im only seventeen.

0813071857.jpg

0814071029.jpg

0815070901.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

Here is a vid. In the vid my sub level is on 8 (outta 15) and Im not up all the way on the volume. Im on 20 and it stops getting loud around like 28.

Oh yeah. And the sub and box will be for sale in about a month. If anyon wants to make a drive to central IL and is interested send me a PM.

that looks pretty nice.

One question though.

why didn't you kerf the second port piece as well?

it probably wont make any difference as far as i know. Just a random questions for ya but i gotta say it looks like you did a great job.

not sure here, maybe my logic is off...but i would say because it looks fvcking great with that curve, but im betting it was also a bit of trouble to get it all nice and neat looking like that

great job btw man im 17 as well and build some boxes for friends and whatnot so I know how hard it is to make something that looks THAT good(and sounds good as well)...

Keep up the good work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

that looks pretty nice.
One question though.

why didn't you kerf the second port piece as well?

it probably wont make any difference as far as i know. Just a random questions for ya but i gotta say it looks like you did a great job.

Yeah it was alot of trouble and no its not perfect. Close up it doesnt look perfect by any means but no way does it look bad. Still looks real nice.

Here is a vid. In the vid my sub level is on 8 (outta 15) and Im not up all the way on the volume. Im on 20 and it stops getting loud around like 28. ( I think)

looks like a pretty dern nice box! try giving that bitch more than 1k watts tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

If i was going to keep it for a while I might look into getting a new amp and give it around 1500 but it still SLAMS with what it has.. I mean I am overpowering it but yeah they can take way more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.