Two 12 Inch Subs and Amp for <500

RCXDerp

I would like a pair of 12 inch sub-woofers, and an amp that accommodates them for less than 500 bucks. I would prefer the sub-woofers to be more crisp, and cleaner, instead of just really loud if possible. Any suggestions would be welcomed, along with links of course. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say you spend about $200 on an amplifier (e.g. Soundstream TN1.1200D is exactly that price at onlinecarstereo.com, very good value IMO). Then you have left about $150 a pop for subwoofers. You can get some pretty good gear, but probably still relatively mid-fi relative to true high end gear. Have you considered buying a single high end subwoofer? Woofersetc's ebay store offers an Image Dynamics IDMAX12 for $319.99 right now. These are known for very good sound quality (basically like IDQ with more low end) and high power handling, up to 1000watts. With this power handling, it can easily make up for the SPL lost from having just one subwoofer instead of two. I honestly haven't heard it, but there is a lot of hype around it. Some guys are claiming they prefer it for JL W7 and Morel Ultimo (also very high end subwoofers). Another interesting subwoofer is JBL W12GTI. Sometimes you can pick in on sale for like $300-320 (onlinecarstereo.com has it for $300 right now). JL Audio W6 should also be within reach.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.