Will my amp and sub work together.

pearlbc

Tx
Hello everyone. My dad gave me some stereo gear for my birthday, but im afraid it may not work. Its a Alpine SWR-10D2 10" sub, the newest model rated at 1000RMS, 2ohm DVC and a Hifonics GLX1400.1D amplifier, CEA rated at 1400RMS at 1ohm. Will this amp overpower that sub? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Its going in a small ported box in a truck ,about 1.1cfu i think

they can take 1k im sure i seen 1k to the old ones but theyll take the power you can always turn the amp down a lil with a dmm and give it the ratde 1k

what he said...and with those amps, if you cannot provide 14.4 steady volts to the amp, then the amp will not produce the rated output anyways.
this^ youll likley see 900-1100 watts rms depending on your electrical

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Hello everyone. My dad gave me some stereo gear for my birthday, but im afraid it may not work. Its a Alpine SWR-10D2 10" sub, the newest model rated at 1000RMS, 2ohm DVC and a Hifonics GLX1400.1D amplifier, CEA rated at 1400RMS at 1ohm. Will this amp overpower that sub? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Its going in a small ported box in a truck ,about 1.1cfu i think
where at in texas are yah ?

Ive always given My subs almost double rated. Just takes some common sense if you want longevity. You'll be fine, just don't clip it and keep your nose alert.

Ive always given My subs almost double rated. Just takes some common sense if you want longevity. You'll be fine, just don't clip it and keep your nose alert.
the smell of stupidity here is too **** much

the smell of stupidity here is too **** much
Really? Common sense doesn't work for you? I listen to moderate volume most the time and so running double rated is fine for me. I've blown 1 sub in 8 years and it was expected as I was ready to upgrade so I pushed it hard. I can't help it if you blow your **** left and right running over rated power. Or maybe you need to buy better subs.

Really? Common sense doesn't work for you? I listen to moderate volume most the time and so running double rated is fine for me. I've blown 1 sub in 8 years and it was expected as I was ready to upgrade so I pushed it hard. I can't help it if you blow your **** left and right running over rated power. Or maybe you need to buy better subs.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Set gains by DMM method. Personally, I would have preferred the D4 version so it can be wired for 2ohm impedance. Some entry level amplifiers still do not have good efficiency running at 1ohm.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
My response was a hypothetical. I haven't had any problems running a good bit over rated for a long time. Some people will **** stuff up over and over no matter the power they are running from clipping, over driving or whatnot. And to me that falls in the common sense category.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.