Tweeter HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Riven
10+ year member

Saint jo
I hooked my tweeters up one in a left front, one in right front output then got to realizing that by doing that i could only hear half the treble since tweeter sound doesnt carry all that great the one across the truck is hard to here should i have run them mono?................i dont have an amp for them atm (i just got them) they are infinity 10.3ts so i just ran them where my front speakers were then put my front speakers in with my back is this the best way? or should i do something else? .............they sound great but i was thinking there might be a better way

If you are running tweets you should have some mids like 5 1/4's or something. You should alwys have more front stage too. Rear speakers are usually kept at a low volume. if a person decides to use them it is usually to please back passengers so they can hear while they are in the back. Tweets most typicaly are used with component sets. I dont even have rear speakers in my car I have a 5 1/4 component set in my kicks, all componenets consist of is a woofer and a tweeter and a crossover.

i drive a reg cab ranger there are no back passengers =) my mids come from 4 6x8s

in the process of installing the subs in my ranger, i had to remove the rear 6x8's to fit the box back there. If you think about it, the rear 6x8's aren't even that useful.....the seat being pressed up against them will muffle them and make them sound like crap. If I were you, I'd scrap them and just install a nice mid-bass woofer in each door panel (i'm using 5.5" mb quart). Here's the fun tricky part......measure about 8-10" up on the crossmember that devides the windshield from the door frame, and cut a hole in that plastic that will accomodate your tweeter. Problem solved! You almost always want your tweeters in the most foreward location to create the effect that the highs are coming from the front and the lows from the rear. If you are handy with interrior work, this process will take about a half hour, but if you've never attempted anything of this sort, I'd talk someone else into doing it cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PS - I'd buy an amp to put on those tweeters too.......i have a very small Audio Art 70.2 (35w RMS x 2 @ 4 ohm) amplifier that I need to sell ASAP. It's one of the best mid/high amps I've ever owned. If you or anyone else is interested, email me!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.