How should i wire 2 12 kicker comps to a kenwood 729s amp?

• Thread starter Kickadude
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
K

Kickadude

Ok how should i wire 2 12 kicker comps to a kenwood 729s amp? I know the speakers are 150 rms a pop and 300 max and my amp is 600 max and 150x 2 at 2 ohms so can i wire my subs parllel to 2 ohms or what i want the max power out of my subs without blowing them. Also is my setup ok will it hit very hard is it a very good setup?i got it all off ebay for 250 for everything and that includes an amp kit 4g anyways is it very good if any one can help plese do

KICKADUDE.

Peace

I would wire them parrlellinto your amp. And bridge it then send it to your subs. Dont turn your gain up all the way though that amp is just a little much for those subs. But you were asking if your system is good yea its aight it should thump for you pretty **** good put it in sealed. And wiring it that way will give you a 4ohm load if i am not mistaking.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

GOOD LUCK:p

Are you sure thats not overpowering them? It kinda sounds like that is. And its in a sealed dual car box. And should i fill my box with stuffing in my box will it make it hit harder??? And anyone else has any opionons on how to wire this plezz.

KickaDude

PEACE

Kudos to JL man... The best way to wire it is in series, bridge both of them off of your amplifier. This will be a four ohm mono load. There is no other way to really wire 8ohm subs.

Don't turn your gain up so it overpowers them and they will be fine. don't stuff the box either with wadding, it will hit fine..

Hey thanks guys i hooked them up and boy do they hit hard as hell. I had my friends dad who is a car audio guy he got all the stuff for me anyways he looked at this and hooked it up and it hits harder than my friends older style solo barics 2 10s. Also do you guys think i could compete ina isaca class of some sort and how many dbs would i be hitting as a estimate?

what kind of car is it in? DO you want to go into spl or SQ. I had 4 10 inch JL wo's when i first got my car. I came in second for best install but i still didn't hit hard enough i only hit 140db's. So if you want to compete in spl you will need either a large quantity of subs or replace the 2 you have with highpower handling/high sensitivity to really hit hard, i'm not saying it cant be done with lower subs, but you will be running with some heavy hitters at comp. A mono block amp would be good too to really max out your subs, if you are looking for spl i reccomend DB drags.

I want SPL but isnt there a class for like simalar setups or tow speaker setups? I live in Kansas City Missouri and know they have them here alot just need to know what to do to start competeing?

Oh ya i have a 96 eclipse turbo. Its a show car thats why i wanna go to the comps casue i am not just boom show too. Also I really think my sytem hits awsome i have a audio control cross over and eq and my friends dad just ordered me a set of Mb quart Componets (says there are awsome) And i dont really want to buy a new stup just tell me what i need to do to get more boom out of my system now. Will a cap make it hit Harder?

Hey man live in North Mo and yeah there are quiet a few comps in KC and St Louis so get into it yah you would be in a watts class deciding on your amp power and sub power. But i cant stress enough how you need to build a good box or get a good one and you will be right up there with the big boys with that install. I have 2 kicker comps as well and thnk they thump not too bad i am hitting around 135 with mine and thats in my truck with a Rf 360@2 going to it. So i would guess in that eclpise its perfect cab for spl i have heard Jensens sound good in those so i am Guess in low 140s maybe if the right install.

To start competing just look for local competitions. The first one i went to 2 years ago was all kids my age so it wasn't really competitive but it sure gave me a good idea of what was expected. Remember to keep your vehicle open too while you are at a show. If you have a do it yourself install just keep wires hidden, make it look nice, use wire ties and loom where ever possible. I have ssen people with MDF boxes and no carpet on them, carpet can totally make your box look better. Also don't go expecting to win your first time, it could happen but the best thing to do is set a goal for yourself, example my first goal at comp was to place and i did it, 2nd place for best install. For more info visit shops and talk to them they will know when shows and comps are. Also keep your car spotless, dirty cars don't attract people.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.